For those without a local shop and forced to deal with the web.

Started by trout_boyII, December 16, 2008, 13:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout_boyII

A suggestion for last minute shopping:

http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShopping/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=4

I guess this is similar to other shops deals right now, but these look particularly good.  Not looking to start the web vs. local argument again - I shopped local until Bill and Chuck bailed, but if you don't have a local shop to deal with ( :o ), this may be one you may want to check out.  Have bought from them before and they are good folks.

BTW, what will Simms replace the L2 waders with next year - anybody know?

TB

flatlander

Good folks to deal with.  They put out a B & W catalog and I have bought from them for many years now without any problems.

Woolly Bugger

tell you what TB, I've been there and I won't set foot back inside again!

I'm sure Walt @ Wilson Creek Outfitters will do his best to match deals, and he ships fast!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

cmiller51h

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 16, 2008, 16:51:03 PM
tell you what TB, I've been there and I won't set foot back inside again!

I'm sure Walt @ Wilson Creek Outfitters will do his best to match deals, and he ships fast!

I bought from them one time and that was enough! New pair of Danner wadding boots and ithin a month, the felt soles came off. They would'nt stand behind the sale. Told me to take it up with Dnner. Turns out they were last years boots and the company would'nt do anything either. Wont buy from there again. Walt has always been easy to deal with, prices are good, and if you're buying from the net, he ships very quickly. Just my .02.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

peter p

I have been both to the store in Ennis and purchased stuff on-line.  I have never had any problems with them.   But, I never tried to return anything.  Although they assured me it would not be a problem when I talked to them about it before ordering. 
Peter

trout_boyII

Hmm - I was speaking from personal experience when I said they were good folks - at least they were with me.  I sent back a pair of sale waders that were the wrong size (my error in ordering) and they didn't have the larger size, so they credited my card in full, no stocking fee or anything.  I bought other stuff from them over the years and been satisfied.  But with the web, you pays your money and takes your chances, so I'll keep in mind what those of you that had problems said.

Walt does do a good job and he has good sale items from time to time as well, but the sale at Madison River seemed to be particularly good and I thought I'd pass it on. 

Anybody know what's up with discontinuing Simms L2's?  I have the predecessor Lightweights and really like them.

TB

walt

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 16, 2008, 19:48:18 PM
Walt won't take back used boots either...

Jis axe Al...

takin' used boots back is... well, kinda like takin' a used condom back to the drugstore....

in all fairness to al, i don't quite remember the circumstances with that transaction, but if the boots were used, they can't be returned/exchanged. if they were new in the box, well, i guess i screwed up.

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: walt on January 16, 2009, 14:02:44 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 16, 2008, 19:48:18 PM
Walt won't take back used boots either...

Jis axe Al...

no he wore them ONCE in the stream...

takin' used boots back is... well, kinda like takin' a used condom back to the drugstore....

in all fairness to al, i don't quite remember the circumstances with that transaction, but if the boots were used, they can't be returned/exchanged. if they were new in the box, well, i guess i screwed up.

wally
me -There's a season?

walt

Quote from: absales on January 18, 2009, 11:17:55 AM
I bought size 11 because my shoe size is 10. I wore them once and my toes were overlapping. I called Walt and he said tough shit. I called Simms and they said tough shit also, even though they said the boots should fit.

I don't hold walt responsible, but Simms will never see another cent of mine. Empty threat though, since I can't fish now and am dying.

Still pissed........................

i'm pissed off too al.... but fuck all that bile (i just found out that's why i'm pissed)..... happy birthday, and prayfully, many, many, more.

if not, see ya on the stream of unconsciousness.....

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy