LOS TU Pigeon River Project?

Started by teachrtec, October 01, 2007, 21:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfreak

M,
I agree with you and the remark was not made toward you.  I just do much better with landmarks, which you provided.  I have lived in Haywood County my whole life, but recently started flyfishing.....I just couldnt remember which fork (east/west) was which.  I fish them both regularly, but only know them by area.  Thanks.  I can understand the fishing attributes needed, reading maps, etc....Just thought the remark about maps was assanine.  Course if I was a good as Woolly, I wouldnt be reading this forum anyway.   LOL.
Troutfreak

teachrtec

Sorry not to have responded quicker.  Been getting back into the groove after a weekend fishing trip.

Here are the directions from Asheville to Camp Hope.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=&1s=&1z=28804&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=+312+Camp+Hope+Road&2c=&2s=&2z=28716&r=f

Just copy above and paste into your address bar.

The Kiosk is next to the gates of Camp Hope. Just sign in and put $7.00 in the envelope.

Brad  8)

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutfreak

Thank you Brad.  I thought that was the place I had fished in my younger years.  I will be glad to pay the $7 bucks.

lepomis_mcro

do you have to be a tu member? i let mine expire after they said to heck with fighting for stream rights.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on October 11, 2007, 18:51:18 PM
do you have to be a tu member? i let mine expire after they said to heck with fighting for stream rights.

YES and TU has modified its position on stream access... so rejoin!  ;hb
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

DD,

Is this the same place you were talking about fishing this weekend?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trout_boy_II

Just to be clear, I don't think there are any hogs in there.  The "feeding" program seems to have been a bit spotty.  I will admit to not having been there in a year, but the water was pretty back then.  It would be neat to get something going again.

TB