News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Guns and snakes

Started by richard bernabe, August 06, 2007, 10:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard bernabe

I hate to bring up any controversial issues such as guns and snakes while fishing, but this is really really stupid and sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/06/boy.killed.ap/index.html

troutphisher

That is just plain tragic. Lots of breakdowns in events that lead up to this.

Maybe the cops should have used the shotgun instead of the pistol or rifle?
Shot gun pellets don't travel as far and have a lot less killing power after 70 yards then bullets.

Hind site is 20/20, and it's easy to criticize these guy's, but shooting snakes in trees with bullets?  ???  ???
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: richard bernabe on August 06, 2007, 10:45:05 AM
I hate to bring up any controversial issues such as guns and snakes while fishing, but this is really really stupid and sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/06/boy.killed.ap/index.html

I read that this morning and thought the same thing, how stupid and senseless it was. I know nothing will bring back the boys life but I hope some justice is served. The officer who fired his weapon did so in a reckless manner and should face serious charges.

TP, why kill the snake in the first place? Was it even venomous? A treed snake will hiss at you it's his way of telling you to back off.... Rats or Snakes? which would you rather have? I'll sleep with the snake over rats any day. Stupid and Senseless!

In another sad new item:

Prosecutors across the country are choosing to criminalize all sorts of child death accidents as felony child abuse. Take a look at this article in the NYTimes about an 18 y/o mother who was taking care of two children and cooking for them and one accidentally drowns. She's in her own personal hell and what does the state do? They lock her up...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/nyregion/06baby.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Is this justice?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Heartbreaking....

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3975

Three officers on administrative leave after shooting!
http://newsok.com/article/3099828

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

flatlander

Noble, OK must be like Mayberry.  How many towns will send two cops out to get a snake out of a birdhouse?  Sa.d story

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on August 06, 2007, 11:30:03 AM
Hind site is 20/20, and it's easy to criticize these guy's, but shooting snakes in trees with bullets?  ???  ???

Shooting a snake in an elevated position with a 9mm is pure stupidity!

Maybe rat shot in a 22 would be an alternate and more 'edumacated' choice....

Rumor is that it was a female officer(not that that makes any difference), frankly i don't know why the officers identity has not been released. It the homeowner had shot at the snake and killed the boy he would already be locked up.
me -There's a season?

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 06, 2007, 16:03:45 PM

Rumor is that it was a female officer(not that that makes any difference), frankly i don't know why the officers identity has not been released. It the homeowner had shot at the snake and killed the boy he would already be locked up.

Wait just a cottin pick'in minute!  "TP, why kill the snake in the first place? "
So you changed your mind bout kill'in snakes or just the ammo used  ???
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

croaker

The Police Officer should be charged at the least with manslaughter.

Hell, if it was a cat in a tree hissing at people the Fire Dept woulda been called.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on August 06, 2007, 17:41:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 06, 2007, 16:03:45 PM

Wait just a cottin pick'in minute!  "TP, why kill the snake in the first place? "
So you changed your mind bout kill'in snakes or just the ammo used  ???

just sayin... ifin you are going to kill it, at least use the proper weapon...
me -There's a season?

tw5270

Just going through BLET doesn't make you smart....
My Step Brother-in-law is an officer, and a friggin moron.

We had idiots in the Army as well, an honerable job still attracts idiots.   ::)