D mistake on saturday.......

Started by troutphisher, April 04, 2010, 07:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I wanted to fish somewhere Saturday, and knew the BRP was closed in the direction, I wanted to go, and they are still sluicing the SOHO. I said fuck it and fished the D.

Big fucking mistake.........

First off, there were people at every pool and run, except for the bridge to the parking lot. So I said to myself, well just fish here until the tourists leave, then I can move around....ya right.

I started fishing at 10:00 am, and it wasn't soon after, the tourists were calling me from the bridge saying, there are trout right here, pointing down into the water.....

Ya no shit sherlock (ITS A FUCKING TROUT STREAM ASSHOLE!)

Then when I would catch a fish, they all wanted me to hold it up for pics, so they (who were not fishing) could get a pic.....

I said no every time, and the looks they gave me were pricless......

One guy murmured under his breath asshole.... I asked him if he had something to say, and he just walked away.

I probably told  three of four people to fuck off and turned my back to them, during the course of the day.

One woman was hilarious, she had a pretty decent camera rig, digital high power zoom, as she kept trying to take a picture of me fishing, every time she pointed the camera, I would turn my back to her...
This lasted for an amazing 15 minutes, but I knew I could beat this bitch and I did.
She finally caved in and asked if she could take my picture,

I said (FUCK NO) resoundingly, she looked shocked, then walked away.

Then I decided to head down stream, I'd had enough....
I walked down quited a ways, and there were people everywhere.......

So I head back up stream, and some says, hi Karl, I didn't recognize you, then you asked where woolly was.....

I didn't mean to be quick with responses, and short on answers...

It was the heat of the day, and all those fucking turists.......

fuck it, I will not fish fish the D again on a Saturday, I should have known better, but my lazy nature got the best of me.

I did catch a few fish, but it was not worth the hassle from the peanut gallery mother fuckers......
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

I've done the same thing with the fish, releasing them before they could get a photo... let them catch their own fish...

now that the warm weather is upon us I might not go back there until December....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

after hitting the wild water yesterday I also made the mistake of riding out to the D..
I wasn't the one who talked to you but I did think I had recognized you fishing a lower stretch as I drove by..
I found a few fires that dipshits had left unattended and smoldering, as well as spots with no less that 24 beer cans dumped on the ground..it was a nightmare out there.. o-o

troutphisher

I forgot, here are a few pic's of the day, including some patterns that I wanted to try out. I tied up some rusty spinners, and had to modify them on the stream.
The trout liked them better with the hackle trimmed off the bottom, so I clipped them down to a compara style hackle.

Now I have to go church and repent my transgressions.....ya right!,,,,NOT!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

I should have given my comaradun bwo some more steam time the other evening ...
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutphisher

Ya, that fly would work, but I am still trying to figure out these rusty spinners.
Last night was the same, fly's dipping down (more like diving) wings folded when they hit the water like dive bombers. Their bodies are really thin, like most spinners they have spent their energy mating.

I haven't caught one, nor been able to get a picture, but I have to believe they are small Hendrickson's. I have been close enough to see their tails (3) and their clear spent wings size 18 small. I have not read anything about diving mayfly's before, thats whats got me confused.

Maybe this week I'll be able to catch one and confirm what they are.

The pattern I tried was rusty, and I used grizzly for the hackle, but they floated to high, it wasn't until I clipped the hackle from the bottom of the fly, that the fish took them.

Funny thing is, they also took a stripped quill body fly, that was fully hackled with posted split wings (Catskill) style, so that has me wondering.......

If I can figure this out, it will be donkey kong, I am sure of it.
Like I said earlier, the fish didn't even think twice about the fly's, as soon as they hit the water they were taken, and the fish lined up in seams waiting on them.

I have a couple more ideas that I'm going to try, and hopefully get the right combo.

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

poly wing no hackle
me -There's a season?

FoulHook

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

How do them do? I recently tied some up but haven't got to use them yet. I think I tie them a little different in the thorax.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

diaz dassie

Ha ha TP. I am the biggest anti -D campaigner ever. That place can kiss my ass along with the millions of assholes who line the banks. Sorry Foulhook, that place just plain sucks this time of year. BRING YOUR OWN ROCK!!!
Since nobody is kind enough to give this computer retard a lesson in posting pix, I won't be able to share the whoopass few days I had on the wild streams in my beloved WNC since Thursday...
Take 'er easy... ;D

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: diaz dassie on April 04, 2010, 10:45:39 AM
Ha ha TP. I am the biggest anti -D campaigner ever. That place can kiss my ass along with the millions of assholes who line the banks. Sorry Foulhook, that place just plain sucks this time of year. BRING YOUR OWN ROCK!!!
Since nobody is kind enough to give this computer retard a lesson in posting pix, I won't be able to share the whoopass few days I had on the wild streams in my beloved WNC since Thursday...
Take 'er easy... ;D

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,3122.0.html
me -There's a season?

diaz dassie

Quotehttp://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,3122.0.html
Cheers Woolly, I'll give her a shot later. Off to the store to replace the wifes camera I lost at Cathey's Creek (that place is definitely a shaddow of it's former self, except has some expensive digital equip lodged in a run in its head waters)

FoulHook

Quote from: diaz dassie on April 04, 2010, 10:45:39 AMSorry Foulhook, that place just plain sucks this time of year. BRING YOUR OWN ROCK!!!

I don't disagree.  You gotta find a place away from the people, which ain't easy. Weekdays work best.  Come to think, I may head up there Monday. I reckon everybody will be at work?

troutphisher

Foul,

The bwo's work good, that style actually did better on the soho, but works on most streams too. It a simple Biot body, fibett spit tails and snow shoe wing.

Keith, I like the poly wing, but these fly's aren't spent wing, they still have fly control, and are dipping. The bodies are real thin too.

FoulHook

This how I tied mine - http://globalflyfisher.com/tiebetter/bwos/

But I haven't got to try them yet. So we'll see. It's pretty similar to yours.