In reversal, Trump kills huge Alaskan gold mine. Here’s why

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 25, 2020, 10:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

Funny that the news won't cover Trump pushing and signing the Great American Outdoors Act,one of the best things to happen to us in a long time. If somebody else had done it, the MSM would shout it from the rooftops.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 16:57:24 PM
Quote from: Al on August 31, 2020, 16:29:09 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 11:28:21 AMQuestion for the viewers:  When has so many from a particular party campaigned against someone supposedly who is a member of their circle?  This is intriguing to me and I believe it exposes a story worth considering. 

Because he is not one of them, ie  a politician. He is not "a member of their circle". 

If he's not in the republican circle, then why is he the Republican candidate?  I'd reason he is not in the circle of the rational, sane right.  But I'd argue he is a politician, one involved in politics and holding an elected office.

And the question was "when", not why.  I don't remember this sort of mutiny against the party's horse ever happening before.

"Elect Trump to save the country from Trump's country."
Before Captain Trips hit, most conveniently, the country was in the best shape it's been in in a long time. Politicians don't like those who want to take away their hold over people and their money. If you want to trace who started the racial unrest, go back to Obama and Holder. They did more to set back race relations in this country than anybody since George Wallace (also a Democrat.)

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 31, 2020, 18:02:37 PMIf BidenHarris wins, we're all fucked. Biden won't last a month before he commits Arkancide or resigns for health reasons.

Surely your curiosity is piqued by the possibility of a gal President.  You must admit not all the swinging units we've had leading us were a success and we dudes are responsible for all past and present world ills.  I'd like to experience a female in charge once before I depart this pandemonium.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

This does not worry me.

Nor this one, but it does make me laugh.  It is so easy to flummox some. 

Georgie is a smart dude!

troutrus

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 31, 2020, 18:04:31 PMFunny that the news won't cover Trump pushing and signing the Great American Outdoors Act,one of the best things to happen to us in a long time. If somebody else had done it, the MSM would shout it from the rooftops.

Considering his overall track record on environmental protections, this is akin to shooting someone through the brain and handing them a bandaid.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 18:35:28 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 31, 2020, 18:02:37 PMIf BidenHarris wins, we're all fucked. Biden won't last a month before he commits Arkancide or resigns for health reasons.

Surely your curiosity is piqued by the possibility of a gal President.  You must admit not all the swinging units we've had leading us were a success and we dudes are responsible for all past and present world ills.  I'd like to experience a female in charge once before I depart this pandemonium.
I have nothing against a female president. But not that one. I would prefer one with some sense, morals, and reasoning ability instead of an emotional parrot.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on September 01, 2020, 09:21:24 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 18:35:28 PM

I have nothing against a female president. But not that one. I would prefer one with some sense, morals, and reasoning ability instead of an emotional parrot.

Not to disparage, belittle you or belabor the issue, but does your preferences in a female Pres coincide with your likings in a male Pres?  So, Trump has "sense, morals, and reasoning ability"?  If anyone thinks 'yes', then they need to clean the frit on the probe of their YSI Wisdom/Moral/Reasoning Meter.

Dougfish

Instead of a debate, let's have the candidates ride a bike for 5 miles.
I think I know who the tired, old, feeble man would turn out to be.
And it would only take a 1/2 mile. If he gets the kickstand up.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Morality begins at home with the American family. If we were serious about the environment as a whole, it would make sense to do some soul searching regarding our own consumption within our households.  The orange man, or any other POTUS cannot create and enact effective policies that would offset the effects of our county's gluttony, wasteful dining habits, our voracious appetite for cheap imported crap from China and elsewhere, horrible dietary intake, trashiness, and the breathtaking amount of drug/pill popping.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on September 01, 2020, 18:28:38 PM........ gluttony, wasteful dining habits, our voracious appetite for cheap imported crap from China and elsewhere, horrible dietary intake, trashiness, and the breathtaking amount of drug/pill popping.

Sounds like a Republican, Trump-voting household.

I'm kidding.  Peace, you trawlers of trout and rough fishes.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 11:28:21 AMI don't feel we have an administration owning any of those talents.  Plus, I can tolerate a certain degree of dishonesty if it is expressed in an articulate and coherent manner. 

Having a leader that can complete a sentence, and can pronounce Yosemite is a plus. Sadly, the Republican party has lost its way.  Once it was a party of unmitigated aspiration, now, at least in the SE, has become the party of 'dumb as I want to be'. Dennis Rodman should be the mascot.

Meanwhile, the Democrat leadership is elitist.  The Plebeians must obey their masters.  The leaders can live a life of plenty, while the unwashed must deprive themselves, and offset the carbon footprint of the Patricians , go to public schools, live in integrated communities, while the leaders live in segregated communities, and tithe to the Southern Poverty Law Center, project, sneer, and mock those who are not squeezed from a golden uterus.

That all being said, Trump is not as dumb as many think. The politics of iron in northern Minnesota could have profound ramifications for the national election results.

Woolly Bugger

>>>A series of undercover videotapes released yesterday from the non-profit Environmental Investigation Agency reveal damning conversations between EIA investigators and executives of the companies behind the controversial Pebble Mine. The proposed project sits at the headwaters of Alaska's Bristol Bay, home to the biggest remaining wild salmon run on the planet that's the foundation of the traditional lifeways of the region's indigenous people, regularly supplies half the world's sockeye catch, and is a beloved sport fishing tourism destination.

The tapes expose the extent of Pebble Limited Partnership's and its parent company Northern Dynasty's relationships with Alaska's elected officials and political appointees at all levels of state and federal governments, and executives' assumption regarding the Alaska Congressional Delegation's willingness to quietly allow the process to proceed without stopping the project. The tapes also reveal executives' plans for a far more massive and long-lived mine than proposed in the permitting process, and Pebble's apparent plans to use the infrastructure included in its mine plan to open up other expansive swathes of western Alaska to mining.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cassidyrandall/2020/09/22/new-tapes-reveal-pebble-executives-plan-to-build-even-bigger-mine-at-headwaters-of-alaskas-bristol-bay/#4d5398a64197

The Pebble Mine Tapes
https://eia-global.org/reports/20200921-the-pebble-tapes
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!