News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Finally got out of the house today and hit the Smith

Started by rjs123, December 21, 2009, 19:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I tried to get out of the drive yesterday to go fishing but got stuck. Today I finally did get out and fished for 3 hours, till my feet started getting numb.

I started out with my usual setup, a #14 nymph and #20 or #22 midge dropper. I fished areas where I can normally get a brown or two but couldn't get a strike so I pretty much decided to target the stocked rainbows by fishing in and just below the fast water.  I ended up catching 3, LDRed 3 others and had a lot of hits that I completely missed.  I was getting a lot of strikes on the swing and also while just letting my fly sit for a minute downstream before I made another cast.

Used a green wooly bugger and #18 beadhead nymph as a dropper.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

I left it at home and figured I would just use the iphone.  BUT.... when I got there I realized I left the iphone at home too.

jwgnc

My best dry fly fish ever came on a no camera day,  it can be good luck
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

sometimes its better when you leave all the technology behind...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

At least you got out!  How much snow did ya'll end up with?  I have about decided that Beetle and Flatlander must have frozen to death.

rjs123

We got about a foot and a half here in Fieldale.  Its melting fast though.

rjs123

Pretty much the same results as yesterday.  Generation went an hour longer though so I only fished 2 hours. I took the camera this time. I had competition though today.  This bird came up and to about 10 feet away from me.  Ive seen these birds on the river many times but they have never gotten this close.  Maybe they recognized me since Im down there so much :)

Still some snow but its melting fast.

The river had a stain to it today from the run off.

Small stocked rainbow on a wooly bugger.

This bird is the only other fisherman Ive seen on the river the last three times Ive been out.