BRFFF 2010 Softhackle Swap

Started by CR, December 30, 2009, 21:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CR

I will host, let's see if we have at least 10 tiers- How about a Softhackle swap? (Nymphs-emergers-midges are ok too, just try to keep it under a size 12).

I am setting a tentative date of Feb 12th for fly submission, Let me know you opinions on this timeline, this should give everyone plenty of time to complete.

All right guys, here an updated list so far:

1.   CR- done/received
2.   Woolly- done/received
3.   benflyfishn- done/received
4.   WRector- done/received
5.   blue ridge angler- done/received
6.   croaker- done/received
7.   Al- done/received
8.   LivinOnTheFly- done/received
9.   Rhody- done/received
10.   Adamsdad- done/received

SWAP GUIDELINES

1. Swap will be limited to ten (10) participants unless there is more interest and all agree, each tier will submit eleven flies total. The extra eleventh fly will go towards a complete set that will be up for raffle with the proceeds going to the forum. Each tier will post what fly they will be submitting for the group.

2. Please announce when your flies have been shipped. Also please let the group know right away if there are any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent timely submission of you flies.

4. Please mail all flies promptly when finished by regular first class mail. Put your submissions in a crush proof container and include postage or a SASE for return shipping. Also please note your screen name and return shipping address on a separate piece of paper. Feel free to toe tag each fly, especially anything smaller than a size 18.

5. All participants will be notified online when their flies have been received. All submissions for this swap, once assembled, will be mailed in condiment style plastic cups if a container is not provided. Pictures with the name of the fly and screen name of the tier will be posted online.

6. All flies should be received by the agreed due date. Any submission not received    within 7 days of the due date should be returned to sender (within reason).

-Please for this swap, no: 2/0 hooks, barbell eyes, coneheads, 2 oz. Czech Nymphs, Ect.

Send them to:

Corey Sullivan
838 Finley Ct.
Rock Hill, SC 29730

Feel free to pm with any questions.

Thanks all,

CR

I will most likely throw in a BWO softhackle that seems to work well in the colder months.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

Woolly Bugger

I'll do it, but you're the Swap Master!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benflyfishn

I'll try my hand at this swap thing...... CR is swap master. anything but drys is good with me. 
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

WRector

I'm in.  Need a reason to get back to the bench.... 
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

blue ridge angler

I'm in if that's cool...

CR

Thanks for the interest, all are welcomed. I am happy to host, see top post for details.

CR

benflyfishn

Sweet SH CR!  0--0 

I will tie up some grey SH's that has been woking well for me this winter. Sorry no pic.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

blue ridge angler

sounds good..
I will probably do a caddis SH that worked well for me over the fall...
that bwo looks tasty...

croaker

I ain't been in a Swap fer a while and never tyed a soft hackle...
I'm in. 

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Al

If you guys will accept a #14 Allieworm as a soft hackle I would like to be included. (You really don't want me to tie anything else as a gift - many of my other creations catch fish but they don't look as pretty as what most of you tie)

blue ridge angler

I had a couple hours to kill last night so i tied these up over a pbr tall boy, and a sierra nevada 13th release wet hop harvest ale...fun start to the new year 0--0...rusty caddis size #18..

CR

Great looking flies Blue Ridge!

Hoping we can get a few more folks to sign up.

blue ridge angler

thanks,
yeah hopefully we can fill up the bill...

LivinOnTheFly

Not at the table Carlos!

Rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.