News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spawners at the Wier on the SoHo

Started by Trout_Commando, December 21, 2016, 18:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

I'm highly entertained. Or am i high... this is fun either way.

Michael Toris

Thought you were going to bed Trout_Commando?

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 23, 2016, 00:05:59 AM
Thought you were going to bed Trout_Commando?
I did...it was nice. Good morning. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Trout_Commando

Looks like watauga it is until 11am. Then the SoHo. Good day gentlemen

The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 22, 2016, 23:33:54 PM
Boys, we got us a DildoGunGuy on our hands!
"DildoGunGuy".... ok, 1) yes, I like firearms. 2) what the hell is wrong with that 3) why do you care? 4) are you an anti gun liberal statist?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quite frankly, I think you are all full of shit, and I should know, because I am full of shit, but most of you, if not all, need to pony up and enroll in the 12 Step Enlightenment Program.  The Program is not a recovery or rehab arrangement.  Available online, the Program will give you the spiritual and intellectual awareness, in all inspiring luminous splendor, of how full of shit you really are, preventing you from exploding, fouling all around you, before you become worm food.   Register today and tell them Mudwall sent you.

I see an opening to use my favorite Christopher Hitchens jab.  <If we gave all of you an enema when you depart this world, we could bury you in a matchbox.>

Word-of-the-Day:  blivet - 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on December 22, 2016, 19:06:06 PM
Fishing ought to be a time dedicated to inquiry, exploration, and discovery.  It also should be a time of self reflection, meditation.  Spending time at a cluster such as the Soho crawling with pimps, whores, and paying clients has no appeal to me.  Neither does the trailer park drama that takes place there.  I for one am not interested in instaspam hero pics, fagbook drama, twatter lingo, or any other puerile nonsense.  Post up something interesting please.

Amen.

sanjuanwormhatch

I just hope when I'm old enough to have fished for 30 years I'm not using the word "dude" .

Yallerhammer

Can you actually see the fish swimming in the water? Is bowfishing illegal there?
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

troutfanatic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on December 22, 2016, 19:06:06 PM
Fishing ought to be a time dedicated to inquiry, exploration, and discovery.  It also should be a time of self reflection, meditation.  Spending time at a cluster such as the Soho crawling with pimps, whores, and paying clients has no appeal to me.  Neither does the trailer park drama that takes place there.  I for one am not interested in instaspam hero pics, fagbook drama, twatter lingo, or any other puerile nonsense.  Post up something interesting please.

It is ok to poke fun at managed, human-made cold water fisheries like the SOHO and the Smith, but an angler can learn much from these artificial resources.  I miss the SOHO, but doubt I will ever return.  Before improvements it was effortless to get lost on that river; that is how I will remember it.  I do hope to revisit the Smith next spring. 

On any river, no matter the crowds, one can find solitude, leading to "inquiry, exploration, and discovery" and indulge in all the "self-reflection, meditation" you can embrace, IF you can clear the mechanism and block out all the "pimps, whores, and paying clients."   For those of you with wives or gal-pals, you should have mastered the 'clear the mechanism'.  If you have not, then I suggest divorce or dumping the lassie. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Not sure if this belongs here on the snagging thread or video of the day...

http://fox8.com/2016/12/22/fishermen-find-16-foot-snake-in-frozen-chagrin-river/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rbphoto

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 23, 2016, 17:07:54 PM
Not sure if this belongs here on the snagging thread or video of the day...

http://fox8.com/2016/12/22/fishermen-find-16-foot-snake-in-frozen-chagrin-river/

I am still pissed we went to the Rocky instead of the Chagrin that day . . .

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish