News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spawners at the Wier on the SoHo

Started by Trout_Commando, December 21, 2016, 18:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 13:16:06 PM
TWRA set up surveillance last night and caught THREE fly fisherman using weighted articulated streamers to SNAG. All for a glory pic. Sad people sink to that level for a pic. But anyway....

If true, further confirmation of my sentiment that much of humanity has essentially deteriorated and our sport is not immune.

I believe Mr. Winkler is deeply misguided and confused, and Mr. Walton certainly was no clairvoyant.

Henry Winkler "I've never met an idiot on the river."

Isaac Walton "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration."
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout_Commando

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 22, 2016, 16:31:20 PM
Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 13:16:06 PM
TWRA set up surveillance last night and caught THREE fly fisherman using weighted articulated streamers to SNAG. All for a glory pic. Sad people sink to that level for a pic. But anyway....

If true, further confirmation of my sentiment that much of humanity has essentially deteriorated and our sport is not immune.

I believe Mr. Winkler is deeply misguided and confused, and Mr. Walton certainly was no clairvoyant.

Henry Winkler "I've never met an idiot on the river."

Isaac Walton "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration."
Truer words never spoken. And all for a glory pic to post on Facebook. One reason I deleted my FB. Truly sad that people can't see that the SoHo is a wild fishery and it won't sustain itself if sociopaths are out snagging spawners. I hope they get what they deserve. News of the TWRA surveillance operation and subsequent citations of 3 snaggers was announced on the South Holston River Fly Shop Facebook group. I wasn't shocked when my father told me this morning. Maybe this will deter further destructive behavior by people who don't have the word "ethical" in their vocabulary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Onslow

Fishing ought to be a time dedicated to inquiry, exploration, and discovery.  It also should be a time of self reflection, meditation.  Spending time at a cluster such as the Soho crawling with pimps, whores, and paying clients has no appeal to me.  Neither does the trailer park drama that takes place there.  I for one am not interested in instaspam hero pics, fagbook drama, twatter lingo, or any other puerile nonsense.  Post up something interesting please.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: Onslow on December 22, 2016, 19:06:06 PM
Fishing ought to be a time dedicated to inquiry, exploration, and discovery.  It also should be a time of self reflection, meditation.  Spending time at a cluster such as the Soho crawling with pimps, whores, and paying clients has no appeal to me.  Neither does the trailer park drama that takes place there.  I for one am not interested in instaspam hero pics, fagbook drama, twatter lingo, or any other puerile nonsense.  Post up something interesting please.
I'm right there with you Onslow. Fuck all the Facebook hero pics bullshit. As far as drama and overcrowding? Only when they're generating, drift boats everywhere. But I can go and fish that river at low water all day long in multiple spots and not see a soul. It's a good river, probably best East of the Mississippi as far as wild browns go. Watauga is good too, same thing...water up, bumper boats. Low water, solitary all day with the exception of running into an old timer occasionally and that's fine with me.

The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Woolly Bugger

Makes easy $$$$ for the "Guides" over there... -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Michael Toris

Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 19:22:35 PM
I'm right there with you Onslow. Fuck all the Facebook hero pics bullshit. As far as drama and overcrowding? Only when they're generating, drift boats everywhere. But I can go and fish that river at low water all day long in multiple spots and not see a soul. It's a good river, probably best East of the Mississippi as far as wild browns go. Watauga is good too, same thing...water up, bumper boats. Low water, solitary all day with the exception of running into an old timer occasionally and that's fine with me.

Dude, do you like, enjoy the tranquility of it all, man?

Michael Toris

After rereading the OP, I have determined this was a "look at me, I don't fish for spawning fish" thread.

driver

It's a good river, probably best East of the Mississippi as far as wild browns go.

Best "well known" river.

Fuck that shit show. I'm glad you love it.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: driver on December 22, 2016, 21:21:29 PM

It's a good river, probably best East of the Mississippi as far as wild browns go.

Best "well known" river.

Fuck that shit show. I'm glad you love it.
I love it...I love many rivers. I happen to live 5 min from SoHo and Watauga. So I love them, try to protect them and by all means, Stay away. Personally...I like fishing bamboo in the mountains for brook trout. Like, miles in the mountains. Away from people. Away from assholes. Just me and my dog

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 22, 2016, 20:34:09 PM

Dude, do you like, enjoy the tranquility of it all, man?
That's why I fish dude. To heal my mind that gets wrecked by a f'd up world and a bunch of douchebags everyday

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 22, 2016, 20:51:40 PM
After rereading the OP, I have determined this was a "look at me, I don't fish for spawning fish" thread.
You're absolutely correct. I'm not a douchebag. I don't target spawners.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 22, 2016, 19:27:11 PM
I'm not a "guide"...I've fished that river for almost 30 years. I know when and where to fish to be alone

Trout_Commando

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 22, 2016, 19:27:11 PM
And most of those "guides" have NC plates.

troutfanatic

Ken you win best post of 2016 with that last one.

Meanwhile, I fail to see the point of this thread.

Taking yer dawg bluelining is good. If you get lost, hurt and hungry, they taste okay. Millions of Koreans can't be wrong.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 22, 2016, 21:52:27 PM
Ken you win best post of 2016 with that last one.

Meanwhile, I fail to see the point of this thread.

Taking yer dawg bluelining is good. If you get lost, hurt and hungry, they taste okay. Millions of Koreans can't be wrong.
Point of thread> morons stomping on redds in a wild fishery, snagging fish off redds. Response > Massive cognitive vacuum