News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I just wanted....

Started by Yallerhammer, January 05, 2016, 15:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Went to go put a deposit down on a .44 mag Marlin lever gun ive been hemming and hawing over...fackin closed today.  Fackers.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Al

Quote from: RiverbumCO on January 05, 2016, 19:58:22 PM
Went to go put a deposit down on a .44 mag Marlin lever gun ive been hemming and hawing over...fackin closed today.  Fackers.

They probably closed to re-price their inventory up about 50% while the "Gun Salesman In-Chief" was making is impassioned speech  b';

BTW Smith & Weston stock went up 10% today. Wish I'd had the foresight to buy some S&W, Ruger, and other gun stock 7 years ago.

Onslow

QuoteDiane Rehm, the host of one of public radio's longest-running and most popular news discussion programs, will retire next year, ending nearly 40 years on the air.

A retirement date has not been firmly established, but Rehm, who is 79, says she will end her eponymous program, produced by Washington public station WAMU-FM (88.5), after the presidential election in November.

"My thinking is that I'll stay on the air until the election because I really want to see how this will go," Rehm said in an interview Tuesday. "My feeling is, I have a number of ideas and I'm perfectly happy doing something different . . . where I'm not forced to get up at 5 a.m. every morning to prepare for a show. I've been doing that for 37 years. Maybe I'll get to sleep until 7 or 7:30 a.m., like other people do."

"The Diane Rehm Show" has been one of the staples of news-oriented public-radio stations nationwide for the past two decades. The two-hour program is carried on 197 stations and attracts an audience of about 2.5 million weekly.

The show features discussions with newsmakers in the first hour and interviews with authors and artists in the second. Rehm has often been praised for maintaining a civil tone and a non­partisan orientation in a medium that has grown increasingly shrill and polarized over the past two decades.

Rehm has been in discussions with WAMU management about her future for the past several months. The station would like her to continue, but it has begun preparing for her departure. During her periodic absences — Rehm receives treatment three times a year for a voice condition called spasmodic dysphonia — the station has used guest hosts who are being considered to succeed her.

Among others, these have included Melissa Block, a former co-host of NPR's "All Things Considered"; and Indira Lakshmanan, a guest host of "Here and Now," another NPR news­magazine program. Melissa Ross, the host of a Jacksonville, Fla., public-radio program, will substitute for Rehm later this week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/diane-rehm-an-npr-staple-eyes-retirement-from-broadcasting/2015/12/08/aeb9f50a-9dbd-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html

I adore this classy and mature woman.  The content she produces is a breath of fresh air compared to the rancid dog vomit that is so commonplace on all media outlets.

My workplace hearing protection is a fancy variety with a radio and have the luxury of being able to listen to her nearly every day. Hate me, bitches.

themidge

Did Woolly pull the plug on some account holders for 2016? Glad I made it through unscathed.......

Yallerhammer

Quote from: the_sculpinator on January 05, 2016, 18:12:37 PM
Here you go, you both hunt. Here is something to talk about.

http://www.wral.com/26-deer-found-dead-in-pinetops-5-charged-/15216349/

these kids need their asses kicked.

That's friggin' sick. Especially if you figure how many years they've probably been doing that crap before they finally got caught.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Big J

Quote from: RiverbumCO on January 05, 2016, 19:58:22 PM

You and I must be on the same wave length.  Been looking for a .357 Marlin JM stamped barrel.  There is a nice .44 mag Marlin, JM stamped barrel up here at a gun shop for $700.  Just don't want a .44

natureboy

Quote from: Onslow on January 05, 2016, 20:30:59 PM
QuoteDiane Rehm, the host of one of public radio's longest-running and most popular news discussion programs, will retire next year, ending nearly 40 years on the air.

A retirement date has not been firmly established, but Rehm, who is 79, says she will end her eponymous program, produced by Washington public station WAMU-FM (88.5), after the presidential election in November.

"My thinking is that I'll stay on the air until the election because I really want to see how this will go," Rehm said in an interview Tuesday. "My feeling is, I have a number of ideas and I'm perfectly happy doing something different . . . where I'm not forced to get up at 5 a.m. every morning to prepare for a show. I've been doing that for 37 years. Maybe I'll get to sleep until 7 or 7:30 a.m., like other people do."

"The Diane Rehm Show" has been one of the staples of news-oriented public-radio stations nationwide for the past two decades. The two-hour program is carried on 197 stations and attracts an audience of about 2.5 million weekly.

The show features discussions with newsmakers in the first hour and interviews with authors and artists in the second. Rehm has often been praised for maintaining a civil tone and a non­partisan orientation in a medium that has grown increasingly shrill and polarized over the past two decades.

Rehm has been in discussions with WAMU management about her future for the past several months. The station would like her to continue, but it has begun preparing for her departure. During her periodic absences — Rehm receives treatment three times a year for a voice condition called spasmodic dysphonia — the station has used guest hosts who are being considered to succeed her.

Among others, these have included Melissa Block, a former co-host of NPR's "All Things Considered"; and Indira Lakshmanan, a guest host of "Here and Now," another NPR news­magazine program. Melissa Ross, the host of a Jacksonville, Fla., public-radio program, will substitute for Rehm later this week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/diane-rehm-an-npr-staple-eyes-retirement-from-broadcasting/2015/12/08/aeb9f50a-9dbd-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html

I adore this classy and mature woman.  The content she produces is a breath of fresh air compared to the rancid dog vomit that is so commonplace on all media outlets.

My workplace hearing protection is a fancy variety with a radio and have the luxury of being able to listen to her nearly every day. Hate me, bitches.

She may have great content and a very unfortunate voice affliction, but I'd just about rather do deaf than listen to her.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: natureboy on January 06, 2016, 11:00:04 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/diane-rehm-an-npr-staple-eyes-retirement-from-broadcasting/2015/12/08/aeb9f50a-9dbd-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html

She may have great content and a very unfortunate voice affliction, but I'd just about rather do deaf than listen to her.

Acquired taste !
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 06, 2016, 11:06:38 AM

Quote from: natureboy on January 06, 2016, 11:00:04 AM

Acquired taste !

I agree with NatureBoy. The content of the show is great. But it's hard to stomach listing to her. It's a combo of feeling bad for her, not understanding her, and painful noises. Good for the station though, for not giving her the boot when her voice took a crap.

Al

This will be hard for some of you to believe but I listen to PBS a lot  :o  However, the only times I listen very long to the Diane Rehm Show is when she has a substitute. Like Natureboy said - Her voice sounds like fingernails on an old fashion chalkboard.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Al

Good find / Good post Woolly  'c; 'c; 'c; Goes to show we don't know what others are going through - good lesson learned there.

Woolly Bugger

I think she was a babe back in the day ;-)
me -There's a season?

Onslow