News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

and they didn't shoot or taze her...

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 27, 2015, 18:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

TylerDurden

Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Michael Toris

benben reincarnated

Transylwader

Quote from: TylerDurden on June 27, 2015, 18:41:35 PM
Just imagine the following shit storm had she been shot
^This
To be quite frank, the media has really fucked public relations.
Here's to the dismantling of the moral fabric of y'alls great nation :'(

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Transylwader on July 06, 2015, 09:33:41 AM
Here's to the dismantling of the moral fabric of y'alls great nation :'(

Pure Bullshit!  Nothing can dismantle this nation's moral fabric.  Sure, we can nick it up a bit, but it can't be destroyed.  Here in the US of A we are fortunate that our evolved morality roughly coincides with the moral teachings of our foremost superstition (Christianity)  --- a perfect morality storm. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

flatlander

While we were arguing over a stupid flag ( which should come down imo), there were 82 shootings in Chicago over the July 4th weekend.  Meanwhile, in Chapel Hill, Silent Sam got tagged with the "black lives matter" slogan.  Perhaps the Michael Jordan statue in front of the United Center would have been more appropriate?

So my leftist friends...how do you fix this?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on July 06, 2015, 16:53:42 PM

Time and nibbling at the edges will eventually fix it.   When these ugly fissures erupt, exposing some imperfection of our nation's soul, we can only slap on a Band-Aid, letting the pendulum swing in the other direction for a bit, and hopefully LEARN something about ourselves as a country.

flatlander

Oh good Lord, Mud.  how many black kids have to die before we admit this country has a huge crime problem with young black males?  I know it means the Democrats might have to risk alienating a substantial block of voters, but how long are we going to pretend black kids are being mowed down by racist white people in astronomical numbers?

Somebody ought to tell Charles Blow to shut the fuck up!  He's not doing anybody any favors.  Until this nation mobilizes to stop the violence, more and more black kids are going to die on inner city streets.  It's just ridiculous that we accept this and look the other way.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on July 06, 2015, 17:41:34 PM
Oh good Lord, Mud.  how many black kids have to die before we admit this country has a huge crime problem with young black males?  I know it means the Democrats might have to risk alienating a substantial block of voters, but how long are we going to pretend black kids are being mowed down by racist white people in astronomical numbers?

Your mobilization will not occur while we are so strongly divided (politically, financially, cerebrally, whatever). 

Perhaps we can hope for a "mobilization" when your sentence reads: "....how many American kids have to die before we admit this country has a huge crime problem with young American males?"

No worries Flats; you and I will never see it.

flatlander

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 06, 2015, 17:59:20 PM
Quote from: Flatlander on July 06, 2015, 17:41:34 PM

Your mobilization will not occur while we are so strongly divided (politically, financially, cerebrally, whatever). 

Perhaps we can hope for a "mobilization" when your sentence reads: "....how many American kids have to die before we admit this country has a huge crime problem with young American males?"

No worries Flats; you and I will never see it.

Mud, I would be happy to change my wording to "American Kids" but that seems to imply color blindness to race, and as a white male, that's considered a micro aggression.  It seems color blindness, or statements that ignore race by white people are no longer allowed by the left.  You can read about that in this letter that Berkley sent to its faculty: 
]http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/06/16/uc-teaching-faculty-members-not-to-criticize-race-based-affirmative-action-call-america-melting-pot-and-more/]]http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/06/16/uc-teaching-faculty-members-not-to-criticize-race-based-affirmative-action-call-america-melting-pot-and-more/]]http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/06/16/uc-teaching-faculty-members-not-to-criticize-race-based-affirmative-action-call-america-melting-pot-and-more/]

Maybe it's a good thing you are retiring.  The world is reaching a state of silliness that I cannot comprehend.

flatlander

Oh, and I don't think we are that politically divided over this.  Why does this have to be a political fight?  Your side of the fence doesn't even seem to acknowledge that there is a problem.  What gives?

Onslow

Quote from: Flatlander on July 06, 2015, 16:53:42 PM
While we were arguing over a stupid flag ( which should come down imo), there were 82 shootings in Chicago over the July 4th weekend.  Meanwhile, in Chapel Hill, Silent Sam got tagged with the "black lives matter" slogan.  Perhaps the Michael Jordan statue in front of the United Center would have been more appropriate?

Call Rush.  He can fix everything.

Onslow

Malcolm, you need to think this through carefully.  What if multiculturalism was declared a spectacular failure in America.  What next?

Oh, and what are those rapacious fucks who count on Hispanic cheap labor for their livelihoods going to do to remain viable?