As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Basketball Pool 2014 edition

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 10, 2014, 19:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

Quote from: ptfranze on March 17, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: Transylwader on March 17, 2014, 09:39:14 AM
Just got my brackets sorted. Ho Lee Fukk, Arizona and Florida to the final I say. Florida for the win. I can't believe I pulled for Duke against UVA. NC State is just plain awful.
That is all...

Better check that last statement...State is gonna beat a crappy Xavier team that has lost 3 of last 4 and then go on to beat a struggling St. Louis team that can't find their defense and coming out of a weaker conference
Pat, I know you're a State alumni and all, but beyond tomorrow, what you got?! I am a huge State Fan (all of my engineering certs were aquired there) but I don't see em going far at all. Oh yeah, Fukk Duke p;-

ptfranze

I'm gonna have them winning against Xavier (granted I don't know too much about them) and upsetting St. Louis...I have watched St. Louis in a few games and they don't impress me at all.  I don't see any way they can stop Warren from scoring.  But like I said after that Louisville will probably beat us by 15 or so. 

Still surprised we made it in.  I thought it was NIT bound for sure and probably should have been.  Hard to imagine SMU not making it in the tourney.  But hell not my job and I think the match-ups worked out well. 

Jfey

The Reigning Champ's picks are in.  Kansas vs Louisville in the final.  Overbrook, I want smallie flies. y;

At about noon, you will be able to find me posted up to a bar with multiple screens.  Screw work for the rest of the week.
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Quote from: Jfey on March 20, 2014, 08:36:14 AM
The Reigning Champ's picks are in.  Kansas vs Louisville in the final.  Overbrook, I want smallie flies. y;

At about noon, you will be able to find me posted up to a bar with multiple screens.  Screw work for the rest of the week.

Being very Big Ten biased killed me last year.  I predict it will kill me this year too.

If Kansas and Louisville make it to the final four, I'd be screwed  :laugh:

Jfey, you didn't pick OSU going all the way? 

Jfey

Quote from: Big J on March 20, 2014, 08:43:30 AM

Being very Big Ten biased killed me last year.  I predict it will kill me this year too.

If Kansas and Louisville make it to the final four, I'd be screwed  :laugh:

Jfey, you didn't pick OSU going all the way?

Negative Ghost Rider.   If the Buckeyes win the first round, they face Syracuse who should demolish them.   They were down double digits in each of the 3 Big Ten Tourney games. 

According to every analyst that didn't grow up in NC, Michigan State is going to win it all. 
Yup, going fishing

Big J

I had Arizona winning it all.  Switched to Michigan State before all the sports analyst picking them.  And about switched back to Arizona after all the hype and Obama picking MSU to win it all.  Ugh.  About had MSU vs U of M in the National Championship game, but I just couldn't rationalize it  ;D

Jfey

Its not completely unreasonable to pick MSU/Mich, but probably not going to happen.  MSU got healthy at the right time and they have a pretty solid inside/outside game.  They also have a Sr and 3 year started at PG in Appling which can be a huge advantage when things go bad.
Yup, going fishing

Woolly Bugger

it's a giant crap shoot~ I won the Drake pool one year.... we might have pulled more suckers players into the BRFFF pool this year

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Gators. That is all.

I'll start tying next week.

overbrook

Should you pull this off with those ridiculous picks....I have six pink yarn eggs in waiting for you.

Transylwader

I want beer, wangs and the look on all y'alls faces as Florida shits on all y'alls parade -+;

Jfey

Quote from: overbrook on March 20, 2014, 11:59:53 AM

Should you pull this off with those amazing picks....I have six multi-colored spun deer hair creations in waiting for you.

Fixed.

effing Buckeyes are in a nail biter again Dayton
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Thanks a lot OSU, now I'm not going to win that Million dollars!

Dougfish

Big J

Well glad I didn't pick Florida.  They are looking rough against Albany.  :P