Previous topic - Next topic

Are you still working

Yes, my business is essential
7 (70%)
No, I'm day drinking
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

My CPA firm is considered essential since we do payroll services for several local companies and tax preparation is also deemed essential services.  In Virginia the state returns were only pushed back to June 1st.  Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but my understanding is the state government can't postpone tax filing date beyond June 1st or they will run out of money. 

Phil

Retired from my day job and still getting my teacher's retirement (hope that doesn't go kablooey!)
My weekend music gig is kaput for now. Live music isn't essential when all the restaurants and bars are closed. No play, no pay for me. I miss the substantial amount of cash coming in every week for sure.  :'( 

Onslow

Dougfish

Working, but off the road.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

State of NC Critical personnel. I'm at home most of the time, but on call.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on April 01, 2020, 16:06:03 PMRetired from my day job and still getting my teacher's retirement (hope that doesn't go kablooey!)
My weekend music gig is kaput for now. Live music isn't essential when all the restaurants and bars are closed. No play, no pay for me. I miss the substantial amount of cash coming in every week for sure.  :'( 

Yeah, I used to make twice as much money playing as I did working.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

greg

Self employed. Do floors. It's my understanding that I'm like construction so essentail. Have closed my showroom but still going out and installing. Did new house today and was only person in house. Guess that's pretty safe.

troutrus

My wife says mowing, cooking, laundry, vacuuming, etc. is essential work, so I am still working.
Retired from a large Beer Brewing Company company 15 years ago, and though not certain I would suppose that being  a food manufacturing business they are likely classified as essential.

rbphoto

Apparently, we are considered an essential business.  Infrastructure, manufacturing, etc.

So, I'm at the office!

Amazingly enough, hospitals around the US are "furloughing" personnel.  Never thought nurses would have a problem finding a job in a healthcare crisis . . .

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Native Fisher

Essential person so I am still going into work but my employer has everyone else working from home. 

ARontheFly

Any type of construction even remodels are still on the essential list in TN. That's me.
A friend in Florida, Florida man let me know the custom golf cart business he manages is considered essential so they are working through it...Florida.
I'll be day drinking soon when Everclear is the only hand sanitizer available.
"We don't whitewash it either, Morty. I mean, the pirates are really rapey."

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Like other retirees, home chores abound.  I am still delivering meal-on-wheels to county seniors under stringent precautions.

Son and daughter-in-law both work for local electric co-op.  She is taking calls from home and he's still working the lines.  Outages are common here in the hills (trees and wind); he has 30+ hours of overtime this week.  They are fortunate.

I think Bath is the 3rd "oldest" (aging citizenry) county in Virginia.  I worry about my aging neighbors.  Plus, the biggest employer in the county (Homestead) has essentially shut down, so many with kids are out of work.  County has rallied for those in need, but I still fret.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

ryguy

I'm working from home, or trying to at least.  My 4 year old believes that working from home is extra play time with dad.  Can't say I blame her!  I will say that I'm enjoying walking upstairs to commute versus an hour each way.

Plus once I'm done each day, we spend more time outside than usual.  Working on building a trail around the property so we can "hike" and enjoy being in the woods that much more.  Plus projects around the house, and trying to rebuild a set of wood oars for the raft.

hcrum87hc

I'm essential enough to work from home.  Thankfully I don't have to go into the office for now.
Jeremiah 17:7