Any recomendations for quick dry pants

Started by BrookieHunter, July 21, 2016, 14:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookieHunter

With the stinging nettle getting pretty thick this time of year I'm looking for a pair of quick dry pants that are a little more heavy duty. Currently I alternate between a pair of Columbias and Simms with the Columbias being almost useless at keeping the sting weed out and the simms being a little bit better. Has anybody found anything that keeps the sting weed out? Or at least does a better job than most.

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

BrookieHunter

That would keep the stinging nettle out and thanks for making me spill my coffee. :)

I really have to wonder where you guys find some of these images. :laugh:

Woolly Bugger

Leatheroaks has been providing exceptional waders and codpieces for centuries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Is that Dave?!?

Best bet is to find a thicker pair of pants. Columbia makes the from thick to thin. But thats change the names of them so much that i couldn't tell you a style to buy. Goto  a store a feel them up. :wank:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

troutfanatic

Try Redington's Shuttle Pant.

http://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-apparel/mens/sportswear/shuttle-pant-30in-inseam/

The material is thicker than any of the Columbia stuff I own. It dries really fast too.

They are made in the same factory as the Sage wading pants, but cost lest.
(Sage/Redington are same parent company)

59.99 is too much to pay. Search around, I think I got mine on clearance for 19.99.

Dougfish

Pants don't matter.
I'm gonna get a pair of knee high nylon gaiters to go over the calves/shins.
p;- Fucking nettles
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

DRIFTS

Quote from: driver on July 21, 2016, 18:11:57 PM
Is that Dave?!?

Best bet is to find a thicker pair of pants. Columbia makes the from thick to thin. But thats change the names of them so much that i couldn't tell you a style to buy. Goto  a store a feel them up. :wank:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Dammit Driver...thanxs for outing me! /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

BrookieHunter

After Mudwall's recommendation I was tempted to just fish in some Levi's like a real man d:b but I went and felt up some pants and found some mountain Khaki Snake River convertibles for a good deal. They seem to be a little heavier than the Simms G4s that i usually wear and way heavier than the Columbias I have. I'll find a patch of sting weed and test them out soon. -0-

Yallerhammer

I absolutely hate walking around in wet long britches, especially if I have two or three miles to hike back out to the truck; so I just grew a thicker layer of skin on my legs and carry a flask of Scotch or bourbon. Alternative solution is to pick up a stick and beat them bitches down like Bruce Lee fighting the ninjees. After perusing this thread, however, I now am thinking of ordering me a codpiece. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff