News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Creek Company Lifetime Warr. INFO

Started by Stuart R., July 30, 2015, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart R.

I just thought I would pass this along to you guys on here. I have a Creek Company Round Boat float tube that this summer the fabric on the cover split it isn't a tear. I contacted Creek Comp via email and had to send pics 3 times before they would respond to me. Then finally a guy named Chris sends me a email back saying it isn't a defect. The pic shows that the material is separating and hasn't been snagged. I called this morning and as soon as I got on the phone he began to yell at me and tell me that he can't replace a product that has been left in the sun for 20 yrs. I told him it is only used 4 or 5 times a summer and is stored under my house far away from being in the sun. He them proceeded to call me an ***hole. I asked to speak to the owner and he told me he was the boss and he was the only D**n one I could speak to. I think this is REALLY poor customer service and I for one will NEVER buy another product from them. I just wanted to pass this along so that you guys won't spend your hard earned money with this trash company. I should have known what it would be when they ignored my 1st and 2nd email. So now with this said anyone know a good brand of tube to replace this piece of junk with?
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Michael Toris

Well that sucks. I have had great luck with them on many occasions.

I would call them back and try to get ahold of another person and tell them your story.

Stuart R.

He is the jerk that answers everytime. Oh well.

Michael Toris

Stuart R.

Woolly Bugger

The didn't tell you that you reached the end of the products life?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

I sent Simms some really good pics of my destroyed boots and they wanted me to mail them out to "evaluate them" to see if they were defective or if it was normal wear. Seams blown out, sole thrown, etc. They would give me a price to repair if needed.
A little more than one year old, BTW.  n!n

Oh yeah. Twatwaddles.

Stuart R.

Yep Wooley they gave me that line. Seems you have heard it before. Was it from Creek Comp.? They are truly liars about their warr.

BRFFF

10 year old Simms waders that I was trying to pay them to put new booties on, they tried to talk me out of it, but since, at at the time, no longer made pants, I told them to go ahead.

Other time I tried to talk llbean to take back a 12 year old north face tent, but the gal sort of shamed me into not sending it back.

sanjuanwormhatch

saw what you will about orvis, but they're pretty good at standing by their warranty.

not sure they make float tubes but i do hear they make a damn good dog bed.

i have a creek company pontoon (and excuse me for going off the cuff with some of these terms) but the oar lock "anchors" were just a patch glued to the tube.  Those m'fer's ripped right off when floating down a river with significant rapids.  a shit ton of duct tape and some para cord got me through that day ... barely.  Not sure what to do now.  Might just buy a frame and put it on top of the tubes.

themidge

My Costa Del Mars snapped in half about a month ago. Shipped them the glasses, and within a week they sent me a brand new pair. Only charged $12 for a processing/shipping fee. Good customer service right there.

Stuart R.

Well I found some new info and it seems that the Chris clown that cussed at me on the phone is the President of the company or just a coincidence that his name is Chris too. Here is the info someone sent to me.
Contact name:
Chris Timmerman

Contact title:
President

So I guess it is a dead deal. So beware any purchases from this fool and his company. It isn't the fact of not getting the tube fixed now. I just don't care to be called a a**hole on the phone by a business.

NCsporksman

Woolly Bugger

Call him back and record the conversation (you might want to advise him that you are recording)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stuart R.

I tried to leave a helpful review on their site but it won't work says yiu have to email them wonder why? Ah no need to call back I guess. Right now not too proud to own their product anyway...