A small taste of what I was doing after a 5 hour drive 20 minutes ago...

Started by diaz dassie, June 03, 2011, 20:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaz dassie

Im gonna be in big shit when I get back to work on Monday, but I could genuinely care two fucks. The day anything comes in the way of me and my flyfishing is gonna be a sore and sad day for that element caught in between >:D
This part of the world is rough as fuck. I heard this song blasting when I got to a traffic light. I bopped my head to the beats and the home boys where like oh shit lookatdisfoo. Fuckin yeah!

Rigged up at about 6:30PM, water was looking rather "milky" I guess it's bath hour. I tried my luck with a dry but knew better, these wild shit heads don't eat off the top coz they will get their ass handed by a prying eagle or heron, they plug it off the bottom. Straight line nymphing for the 2 hours ahead, I hate it, but it's deadly. I had a rainbow on so big I have to wash my waders. He came off b';
But heres evidence of te 20 or so mostly browns I took down. Tomorrow, Im meeting up with my bud who has this place dialled in. I feel sorry for the trouts.
Monday cometh sooner than I wish, so I will post up the report each evening till then.
Suck it :-*
BTW, Im using a 6'6" 2wt eagle claw POS glass fiber rod, since the broomstick is destroyed. A $35 rod works just as good as a $3500 POS Orvis bamboo. Its the Indian not the arrow y'all 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Teeny tiny Small

Small

Not so small

Stand by for another report @ 9PM tomorrow night, depending on my state of mind. I just got a taste today, I know tomorrow I'm gonna be off my tits!

Phil

Big wild fish on private water.  You got permission from somebody.
Nice. :)

It ain't wild water that I can fish -- I'll wager $100.   :P

diaz dassie

Phil, youre a riot man, I tell you. Yep, it's the Rose River in Syria VA. $50 a day to enjoy catching pellet heads. I hate bluelines now. I just wanna catch pelley heads. Bleak I miss the opening of DH tomorrow. You gonna punch your card in line with the thousands of tossers? I heard the cajun filet of fish Bojangles sammich is cheaper and safer than fishing a DH :laugh:
Rip their lips tomorrow mang ;D

Phil

I don't fish DH anymore

"maing." ???

I don't pay to fish pay-for-trout waters because I can't afford it.  Good for you -- just don't pretend that those hogs are native fish in NC streams.

I fish wild waters in NC or the Tailwaters in TN.

benben reincarnated

Nice looking chit...although I know where you are Mike.  I planted a GPS tracker in your car.   :laugh:

lostnwilderness

I think he is up there slinging his corn with the hillbillies.... /"\

Nice work Tranny man, tear em up tomorrow
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

diaz dassie

So, I didn't get to post my updated report for yesterday on time, but I do have an excuse. My bud and I got a serious work out. 80 toothy critters to hand including my biggest brown of the year. I'll let the pix do the talking on this shit storm of brown beasties...

I fell in the creek a few times coz of one too many of these... :laugh:

MY bud reckons this feesh was 22". I was shaking like a leaf after that ordeal. Good lord knows how big he is... :o

For my "Buddy" BRA 8)

So Im about to hit the shower, don the waders and attempt to get an even bigger canon today. Then it's a dodgy perilous drive back to Raleigh thru what Weatherman Bertie Bullshitter claims is going to be the storm of the year :o
Check back @ 9PM tonight to see if I made it.
Later

The Dude

I take it the waders are to keep the flesh-eating bacteria from touching your skin rather than for warmth.  Either way, it's good to see you catching fish with a bobber.   ;)
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

diaz dassie

And to cap it off, woke up early. Weird chill as we got in our waders. Unusual for this time of year. Worked a section we hadn't hit yesterday. Both of us got skunked on this section. Fuckin asshole spin fisherman musta had their way with those poor bastards yesterday...both had stringers b';
So today was seriously sub par compared to the smack down we layeth on their candy asses yesterday, the trout Gods clearly frowning upon our deceitful actions. Still got into a few in a section lower down, nuthing special, so heres the finale.
Since this is in the middle of gangster land, I figured an old skool '90's classic tune (choon) would be in order

This dead azz deer stank so bad, I lost my footing and had to take a seat...

A 4 hour drive took 7 hours. Here's why...

Hectic shit.
Later folks...

lostnwilderness

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 05, 2011, 20:37:32 PM

So today was seriously sub par compared to the smack down we layeth on their candy asses yesterday

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

MuddlerMan

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

diaz dassie

Quote from: Phil on June 03, 2011, 22:14:19 PM
I don't fish DH anymore

"maing." ???

I don't pay to fish pay-for-trout waters because I can't afford it.  Good for you -- just don't pretend that those hogs are native fish in NC streams.

I fish wild waters in NC or the Tailwaters in TN.
Maing= man (South Carolina/African dialect) hate to burst your bubble, this creek is all public access. Look outside of cackalacky and you will be pleasantly surprised. BTW, native? Browns and bows will never be native. 90% of our brookie streams aren't even native. How'd the DH go "maing"? :-*

Holmes

You straight up smacked them down good. You wouldnt happen to have stopped by the walmart down there? Good shoppin if you ask me -0-

diaz dassie

Yo Petey, good to see you back in hea my brutha. I did see some unsavories. They were attempting to "paoch" a section my bud was trying to fish. One of em had a Jeff Gordon Zebco. I wonder what that 22" brown woulda done to that brutha's set up. Should be on the bottom of a big pool p;- fucking spin fishermen