News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Pee Dee. Anyone interested?

Started by Onslow, April 04, 2015, 06:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Weekend rec flows are becoming available early this year on the Pee Dee and I want to take advantage of this.  Its striper season and I don't wanna miss this opportunity.  If I can find partners willing accomplices, I plan to head out Sat the 18th after lunch and hit the area below Blewitt falls lake and fish till dark, stay in a motel @ Wadesboro or Rockingham and get up at dark morning and do the 6.5 mile float.  This is an idea I'm floating, not set in stone yet.  Whiny fucks with excessive eye boogers need not apply n!n  This is serious biz.  Drinking allowed only after striper or buffalo is landed!

RiverbumCO

Is this motorized craft accessible?
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Onslow

I'm double checking the take out.  I'm about 99% sure all access points have ramps.

This new access and recently improved flows for anglers is a huge deal for this river.  Flows used to be horrible, and access limited.  Envision the Roanoke without a Weldon boat ramp.  This is the way it used to be.  Playground  for those who had private access or guides with jet boats.  A big thanks to NCWRC for improving this situation

RiverbumCO

then should you be telling everybody?

Onslow

Don't think a post here will make much difference.  This river isn't for every market.

driver

Isn't it a little early for stripers down there? They are just getting started in Weldon around that time.

RiverbumCO

First tracks, bro.  First tracks.

Transylwader

I'm hitting Roanoke Tuesday. I'm already "sick" for that day. Can't imagine how strippers make it all the way that far up. I may bite...