News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pyscho Fly Fishers / Re: PFF Shady Valley V--43
Last post by FlyChamps - Today at 14:06:55 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on Today at 09:37:38 AM
Quote from: Stone-Man on May 21, 2022, 11:34:21 AMJule's face plant

There have been some memorable face plants in the past, me included, most involved stomp, WRD fell right off the bench one morning after concuming some pears out of the jar. Ditch Monkey, at one of the early shows at Irby's, PeterP 1/2 in 1/2 out of his tent, Flydoc too. I'm sure there were others, but I can't recall them.

But, I'm sure that Streamers incident, which I missed, wasn't due to the excesses of alcohol

I'm sure that Jule's "incident" was underwater research purely in the name of piscatorial science.
Scott Centric? Helios 3?  :o  :o

I've never paid more than $250 for a rod in my life.  :laugh:
Pyscho Fly Fishers / Re: PFF Shady Valley V--43
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 09:37:38 AM
Quote from: Stone-Man on May 21, 2022, 11:34:21 AMJule's face plant

There have been some memorable face plants in the past, me included, most involved stomp, WRD fell right off the bench one morning after concuming some pears out of the jar. Ditch Monkey, at one of the early shows at Irby's, PeterP 1/2 in 1/2 out of his tent, Flydoc too. I'm sure there were others, but I can't recall them.

But, I'm sure that Streamers incident, which I missed, wasn't due to the excesses of alcohol

The Gravel Bar / Re: Beetle's Book and Word Thr...
Last post by Trout Maharishi - Today at 08:01:20 AM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Poacher News
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 07:24:01 AM
Utah hunting guide faces felony charge for Donald Trump Jr.'s big-game hunt
Court documents say guide Wade Lemon used 'a pile of grain, oil and pastries' to lure a bear that Trump Jr. then killed.

>>>Utah hunting guide Wade Lemon faces five years in state prison for the death of a Carbon County bear killed during a guided hunt on May 18, 2018.

But Lemon, a well-known guide didn't pull the trigger — Donald Trump Jr. did, according to the Utah Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Trump Jr. is not named in a recent filing against Lemon, but the DNR confirmed his identity as the person named in the felony complaint as Lemon's "client" on the hunt. Prosecutors have indicated there was no evidence showing Trump Jr. would have known about the alleged baiting that went on during the hunt.
Local Trip Reports / Re: Smith-Continued
Last post by Onslow - Today at 05:35:53 AM
Living the dream.  Some damn nice fish.
Last post by Trout Maharishi - Today at 01:33:42 AM
Where did you pick up the old homeless guys to fish with?
The Gravel Bar / Re: Damn Dams -- Unlimited dam...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - May 21, 2022, 23:33:05 PM
California is about to begin the nation's largest dam removal project. Here's what it means for wildlife

>>>REDDING — After decades of negotiation, the largest dam-removal project in U.S. history is expected to begin in California's far north next year.

The first of four aging dams on the Klamath River, the 250-mile waterway that originates in southern Oregon's towering Cascades and empties along the rugged Northern California coast, is on track to come down in fall 2023. Two others nearby and one across the state line will follow.

The nearly half-billion dollars needed for the joint state, tribal and corporate undertaking has been secured. The demolition plans are drafted. The contractor is in place. Final approval could come by December.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-is-about-to-begin-the-nation-s-largest-dam-removal-project-here-s-what-it-means-for-wildlife/ar-AAXyHpJ#:~:text=California%20is%20about%20to%20begin%20the%20nation%E2%80%99s%20largest,to%20restore%20the%20natural%20state%20of%20the%20basin.

Last post by Woolly Bugger - May 21, 2022, 23:13:15 PM

#65 92 - 67 —- scattered thunderstorms - Gas $4.36

I saw that Dougfish was down at the old spot — I couldn't face walking through the mid-rib tall grass, so I took the alt route in.

After bushwhacking in I had to cool off so I waded out to above my waist and cast to the far run where I had spied a few trout rising. I caught one before headed on down the trail to find Dougfish. He was taking a beer break, so I joined him.

The bugs would come and go as did the rising trout — I caught a number of small fish— missed a couple of better ones. It turned on madly for a bit and a few better trout were seen and caught.

The skies clouded up and the temp dropped dramatically — we fished on.

When things slacked off again we took another beer break and contemplated the approaching weather. When the wind picked up we bailed.

Support the BRFFF