News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Charitable Donation from BRFFF

Started by WRector, April 06, 2010, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where would you like for the proceeds from the Auction Set of Swap Flies to go?

TU (Thinking the Smith River Chapter)
10 (26.3%)
Casting for Recovery
7 (18.4%)
Rivers Way
9 (23.7%)
American Rivers
1 (2.6%)
TU (River Course)
11 (28.9%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

WRector

WB and I have been trying to figure out where the proceeds for the auction set of flies we have assembled would go.  Originally, CR and I thought it would be a nice gesture if the proceeds went to WB for keeping this fine board up and running.  But, WB would like the proceeds to benenfit one of the fine organizations that help to either improve our fisheries or the people that may use them.  Since, this set of flies is a cumulative effort amongst board members I figured why not have everybody put in a vote for where the proceeds should go.  The charity with the most votes will be the one that is selected.

There are plenty of other charitable organizations out there, so if you have one that has not been listed that you think would be a good canidate please cast your vote as Other and write in your vote below.  We'll let the voting run up till the end of April.

Thanks Guys! 

The Swap flies are being auctioned off here:  http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,6997.0.html
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

peter p

Peter

WRector

flynhokies

good work WRector and CR for putting this thing together and WB for thinking of the sport and our fisheries above yourself...good karma(both in life and interwebs) for that (the holy one can illuminate us all on that one  :angel: ). wish i was a good tier and could have added to this, maybe next time. thanks again guys for the charitable effort  0--0
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

peter p

Peter

WRector

Looks like we need a couple more votes. Otherwise we will need to come up with some kind of tie breaker.  As it looks right now, I would rather not split up the proceeds from the auction....

WRector

Any body willing to place a tie breaker vote....   ???

WRector

Looks like TU River Course will be the recipient.  Thanks for voting!

peter p

Yeah!!!!   I can get the $ to the right people if need be.  Let me know
Peter

benflyfishn

awesome, my daughter went to it last year and had a great time. she learned alot form the camp!
What happens on the stream, stays there..........