News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Orvis Clearwater boots

Started by WoodrowCall, September 25, 2009, 21:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodrowCall

Does anyone wear these, or worn them? I'm looking at buying some boots, and I don't want to spend much on them. I always wet wade until November or so, so I don't use boots or waders much. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks for the help  ;D

Magoo

I love my Cabelas Ultralights.  After about two years, they're due for replacement but that ain't such a bad run for the price.  I recently tried on a couple of pairs of Simms and the comfort level (nevermind the weight) was nowhere close.  I bought a pair of Korkers (nifty idea) off of STP and thank Buddha was able to swap those boat anchors for a couple of rod blanks before I ever wore 'em in a river (drowned).

troutboy_II

It been a while since I've worn them, but I think the sole is too stiff.  I didn't realize it until I got a pair of Chota STL's which I love.

My $.02.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

WoodrowCall

Thanks, I am leaning toward to Chotas too. I can buy those at a flyshop, and I always feel good supporting them, rather than some company online.

flatlander

Quote from: WoodrowCall on September 26, 2009, 18:16:07 PM
Thanks, I am leaning toward to Chotas too. I can buy those at a flyshop, and I always feel good supporting them, rather than some company online.

Why don't you check out Walt's place, ezflyfish.com.  He's both a brick-and-mortar shop and an online retailer.  You can't beat the service. 0--0

troutboy_II

Yeah - what he said.  No shops in G=ville any more anyway, dang it.  o-o

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

ASUfisherman

I have been wearing the clearwater boots for about 6 months now and they have held up great.  I have never worn chota's, so I don't know how they compare, but for the price, i think the clearwater boots are solid. They are light, and I have hiked several miles in these boots and been fine.  After several months of fishing in these boots they show no signs of needing to be replaced in the near future.
Guitars, Whiskey, Guns, and Knives

WoodrowCall

Thanks for the recommendation FSU, but now that I'm reading around a little bit, does anyone on here buy boots w/o felt for environmental reasons? I am hearing a lot about transferrance of diseases, etc. between rivers and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with non-felt soles. I'm looking at Simms Vibram soles now, any more opinions?