News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

So, what did you catch today???

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 29, 2007, 15:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I went on a recon mission and checked out the Mitchell River just above where it joins the yadkin, pretty decent water, but the access is pretty trashed and the land upstream appears to be posted...

I was 1/2 way to the New, so I headed over the continental divide (2972 feet) and hit the river at Farmers Fish Camp Rd. low water bridge. The water was low and had cleared up considerable since my last visit on Monday. The wading was easier and I brought a staff to help negotiate the ledges. I wouldn't consider wading this section in high or murky water as there are sharp and undercut ledges and some surprisingly deep holes! 

I was using the same yellow slider that was so successful the other day but with the water being clearer I wasn't getting any hits in the usual spots so I switched out to a smaller popper and began catching some nice smallies. In one short section of the river I landed close to a dozen fish ranging in size form 8" to 12". The wind really started to kick up and riffle the surface of the water obscuring some of the structure and making casting a bit more challenging.  All too soon it was tie to head home to pick the kids up after school.

Fish on dude!

Next purchase will be a Pentax Optio W30 waterproof camera... I didn't risk taking the cell phone or camera out on this trip and even though I didn't take a spill I came pretty close to floating my hat on more than one occasion!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

supaflyGSR

haha you make it sound so easy to get up there and fish :D  i might just have to head up there sometime in the next week or two!  Glad you had a good time!

-josh :)

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: supaflyGSR on August 29, 2007, 17:00:50 PM
haha you make it sound so easy to get up there and fish :D  i might just have to head up there sometime in the next week or two!  Glad you had a good time!

-josh :)

it's just windshield time...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Discomidge

From last Saturday ....rod Wrapper tellin' tales ;D

Kim 8)

woowee...you suck ;D

marty

Marty Shaffner
Tri-State Angler Guide Service
www.tristateangler.com

phg

Looks a lot like a shoal bass.  Is that what you are calling a spot?  Since I used to do a lot of saltwater fishing, I expect a spot to look like this:

Discomidge