News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Gravel Bar / Re: unlimited odds and ends
Last post by Woolly Bugger - April 11, 2024, 09:06:18 AM
How hidden WW2 bombs across the Pacific are found and destroyed, decades after war

Teams in the Marshall Islands, which is littered with unexploded weapons from the second world war, uncover and detonate potentially deadly devices

Eight decades after the guns fell silent, munitions left by the US and Japan still litter beaches, jungles, and lagoons and continue to pose a hidden but lethal threat.

Now millions is being spent by the US and others across the Pacific to identify, remove and destroy dormant bombs, also known as unexploded ordnance. Some estimate the number of bombs – found across the region including in Fiji, Palau and Solomon Islands – could be in the hundreds of thousands.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/05/ww2-hidden-bombs-clearing-disposal-pacific-marshall-islands-unexploded-ordnance-uxo

The Gravel Bar / mashed the wrong button
Last post by Woolly Bugger - April 06, 2024, 11:03:36 AM
an upgrade fubared the forum...

it's going to be a while before I add all the mods back and change things back to the way they were  d:b

- The Bossman
- Low Rent Forum
The Gravel Bar / Re: unlimited odds and ends
Last post by Woolly Bugger - April 04, 2024, 16:09:00 PM
100,000 Live Salmon Spilled Off a Truck. Most Landed in a Creek and Lived.

A tanker carrying young salmon crashed. But most of the fish flopped into a creek and "hit the water running," a wildlife official said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/03/us/salmon-truck-creek-oregon.html?unlocked_article_code=1.h00.O0Gi.DhQAwPJvTlbs&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&ugrp=m&sgrp=c-cb

The Gravel Bar / Re: Trump Sucks
Last post by jwgnc - April 04, 2024, 09:56:13 AM
You cannot view this attachment.

Campaign HQ here in Madison County.  Just east of the trash collection center.

Last post by Onslow - April 03, 2024, 20:11:58 PM
Quote from: trout-r-us on April 03, 2024, 19:26:15 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

Your existence is defined by Trump.  He wins, he owns you and your brain.
Last post by trout-r-us - April 03, 2024, 19:26:15 PM
You cannot view this attachment.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Cool Tool
Last post by Dougfish - April 03, 2024, 18:13:47 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 03, 2024, 16:06:55 PM
Quote from: Big J on April 02, 2024, 07:38:13 AM
Quote from: driver on April 01, 2024, 19:20:27 PMI think Orvis has always been the biggest tool on the stream

You ever seen a W&L fly fishing club member?  They usually are easy to spot because they are kitted out in brand new patagonia or Orvis from head to toe.

W and L has an "outing club" with fishing, climbing, hiking, cycling, etc. options.  Seems like a civilized, benign way to spend spare time while matriculating at a residence of higher education. 

In hindsight, I would have been better served if I had pursued such outdoor activities at VT.  When I entered VT I had fished, hiked, camped, and hunted enough to last me through my youthful sabbatical from the outdoors.  Poontang, alcohol, and weed were new and stimulating endeavors; for a handful of years the outdoors was pushed to the back burner.   

https://my.wlu.edu/outing-club/outdoor-activities/fishing 

Relatable.  <-;:
The Gravel Bar / Re: Cool Tool
Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 - April 03, 2024, 16:06:55 PM
Quote from: Big J on April 02, 2024, 07:38:13 AM
Quote from: driver on April 01, 2024, 19:20:27 PMI think Orvis has always been the biggest tool on the stream

You ever seen a W&L fly fishing club member?  They usually are easy to spot because they are kitted out in brand new patagonia or Orvis from head to toe.

W and L has an "outing club" with fishing, climbing, hiking, cycling, etc. options.  Seems like a civilized, benign way to spend spare time while matriculating at a residence of higher education. 

In hindsight, I would have been better served if I had pursued such outdoor activities at VT.  When I entered VT I had fished, hiked, camped, and hunted enough to last me through my youthful sabbatical from the outdoors.  Poontang, alcohol, and weed were new and stimulating endeavors; for a handful of years the outdoors was pushed to the back burner.   

https://my.wlu.edu/outing-club/outdoor-activities/fishing 
Last post by jwgnc - April 03, 2024, 11:04:06 AM
For those who bought DJT stock at $65: don't worry.  The Donald is going to fix that chart with a Sharpie.

Last post by Onslow - April 03, 2024, 05:15:39 AM
The burning question is, which brand of disposable undergarments will they choose?

Will Trump call his brand Puddin Leg Patriots?

Will Biden create an inclusive brand that accepts all colors?