News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

trouble in Jackson County

Started by benben, October 24, 2011, 19:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

I wanted to pass word along that a friend of mine had an unfortunate event happen in Jackson County over the weekend.  He was camping with a friend near Tanasee Gap Rd and Wolf Mountain Rd and his car was stolen from the campsite, wrecked into a tree down the road, and all his fishing gear and other belongings stolen.   It happened around 5:00 AM on Sunday.  Heads up to any of you that frequent that area to be on your toes.

Transylwader

b';
Jackson County is dodgy alright. I always try to go with someone in there.

Woolly Bugger

from the interwebs:

QuoteJackson County, NC, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 8. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 4.

Jackson County, NC, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 10. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 4.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Cjtice

Hello all,  I am the victim of this crime. 

I have spoken with my insurance adjuster today who told me that this is the 3rd similar incident in a week.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Cjtice on October 25, 2011, 13:26:48 PM
Hello all,  I am the victim of this crime. 

I have spoken with my insurance adjuster today who told me that this is the 3rd similar incident in a week.

Glad you finally joined the forum Chris.  I hope your insurance company takes care of things.

Cjtice

Thanks Ben!   We will see...

Just a few items that were stolen:

Redington 3wt 7' model number slips my mind but it was a good one purchased several years ago.
Gloomis eastfork 3/4 reel
Ross 3wt reel
Fishpond back pack with front pouch
Cabelas. Wading boots size 10
Numerous fly boxes full
Garmin vista gps

Let me know if anyone comes across these.   I would really like the rod back, it was my baby.

Woolly Bugger

where are they going to fence the stuff?  ebay? pawn shops?  low life oxygen thieves I have no use for
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

Shite, thanks for the heads up. I was up that way this a.m. It is as Twad says 'dodgy' up in them hollers.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 25, 2011, 14:38:40 PM
where are they going to fence the stuff?  ebay? pawn shops?  low life oxygen thieves I have no use for

trade it for meth.

Cjtice

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 25, 2011, 14:38:40 PM

I have no clue but I imagine that they will try to get some money out of it since they can't get any out of my wallet or cell.

I have talked with one pawn shop in Sylva but I intend to get in touch with some in Brevard as well.

Phil

Transylwader

Hey Cjtice, Im glad you're ok. I often wonder what would have happened if the methheads saw me up on Big East Fork a few years ago... :o The sumbitches that wrong did you will have it right back up their asses ten fold. >:D

Aka

Quote from: Transylwader on October 25, 2011, 21:12:10 PM
Hey Cjtice, Im glad you're ok. I often wonder what would have happened if the methheads saw me up on Big East Fork a few years ago... :o The sumbitches that wrong did you will have it right back up their asses ten fold. >:D

What happened to you on the big easy Tranny?

Transylwader

Quote from: AK Aaron on October 25, 2011, 21:35:19 PM

Was a ways up on the trail from 276. and dropped in on the creek, a prime section of pocket water. A boulder/pebble beach on the outside bank, 4 dudes, three with goggles on, one armed with a glock, several pots going under gas burners, I immediately retreated and moved briskly back to the trail and like lightning to the car. Reported to a Fed Officer (how often do these guys actually show up) on the Parkway and he didn't seem to care b'; Havent been back alone since :o

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on October 25, 2011, 22:00:45 PM
Quote from: AK Aaron on October 25, 2011, 21:35:19 PM

Was a ways up on the trail from 276. and dropped in on the creek, a prime section of pocket water. A boulder/pebble beach on the outside bank, 4 dudes, three with goggles on, one armed with a glock, several pots going under gas burners, I immediately retreated and moved briskly back to the trail and like lightning to the car. Reported to a Fed Officer (how often do these guys actually show up) on the Parkway and he didn't seem to care b'; Havent been back alone since :o

aww man, they were just playing with their new chemistry set they got for Christmas.    :laugh: