News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

PFF 14 Pic's

Started by plumbob, October 08, 2006, 17:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumbob

Here's a couple pics from the PFF

Glad we had a LITTLE rain it kept the bugs down.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I think flytyer was pointing out a rise to JT.

Peddler----well enough said.

Good food will always calm down a grumpy crowd.

Woolly Bugger

well we know it rained but did anybody catch any fish?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

plumbob

well I didn't, maybe because I didn't even get the rod out of the tube. I think Ralph and a couple others may have. Most left Sat. morning. Streams were rip roaring and muddy.

ghbowser

Pics of actual fishing and such
"If it wasn't for fishing, life would be ... well it just wouldn't be"

Trout Chaser

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 08, 2006, 18:19:57 PM
well we know it rained but did anybody catch any fish?

Yes Indeed. 0--0 Everyone who actually went fishing caught fish.  0--0 I'll post a few pictures once I get them downloaded.

TC

Peddler

Those who could find rivers seem to have caught fish! 350 streams within 50 miles and SOME people (I ain't mentioning no names or nothin') couldn't find water!  ;D
I fished one of the most beautiful streams with Trout Chaser of step-pools and pocket waters that I've ever seen. The fact he let me use his new little 6 weight 'boo and the wild brookies cooperating made it perfect. Rain? What rain? Who notices that as long as everything else puts you in scensory overload... and you bring a rain jacket!
The next day ghbowser and Ditch Monkey took me to a stream that had it all... pockets, pools and runs... plus some room to stretch casts out a little. We all caught fish but some of us were a little slower at the trigger than others. Again, I ain't mentioning names!  ;) ;D
Dang it was nice up there! What an eye-opener, and to think it's part of my sales territory!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FT

Ghboswer, Ditchmonkey, Leakywaders and I fished Sunday.  Here are a few from that.

Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

FT

some from around camp

And finally,  The Stay Behinds on Sunday morning

Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Peddler

HEY! Just noticed something in that second picture of plumbob's... the shoes!
All three of those buzzards went home early! Could it be Larry's yuppie Orvis deck shoes weren't insulated or waterproof, PHG's weren't sprayed with Scotch Guard and JT didn't want to get those shiny new shoes muddy?  ;D ;D ;D
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

plumbob

Note to Peddlers (AKA- Marry Poppins) employer. Keep a close eye on his GPS, and make it company policy to wear a 3 peice suit and penny loafers.  ;D ;D

Discomidge

A few pics

Kim 8)

phg

Quote from: Peddler on October 09, 2006, 07:58:08 AM
HEY! Just noticed something in that second picture of plumbob's... the shoes!
All three of those buzzards went home early! Could it be Larry's yuppie Orvis deck shoes weren't insulated or waterproof, PHG's weren't sprayed with Scotch Guard and JT didn't want to get those shiny new shoes muddy?  ;D ;D ;D

I hate to be the one to point this out, but the other person on that pallet was your old buddy CreekScum, someone you've known a whole lot longer than you've known me.

As much as I hate to admit it, though, I didn't have adequate footgear with me either.  I was expecting a bit of rain, but not the 2" we got.  I don't mind wet feet, and I can handle cold feet, but both cold and wet at the same time is a bit much, and that rain were COLD! 

Before I left, though, TC was urging me to try an east slope stream along the way.  After an hour of driving, when my shoes were dry and my feet warmed up (ain't car heaters wonderful) I decided it really was a good idea, so I stopped off at Rockcastle Creek just south of Roanoke.  Aparently, it hadn't rained nearly as much in that part of the state, as the creek was, if anything, a bit low.  I didn't get any pictures of the scenery, it was just too dark Sat. afternoon, but I did manage to catch double digits:

The only thing that bothered me was that this is supposed to be one of Virginia's premier brookie streams, and all but one of the fish I caught were stream born rainbows. 

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: trout-r-us on October 09, 2006, 20:21:32 PM
Damn,
Apparently this board doesn't have the don't ask don't tell policy. Back when that crook owned the other board, I wrote a report on Rockcastle creek and I received some threatening PM's suggesting I not mention that creek on a public forum.

some guys are just paranoid TRU :)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

phg

QuoteApparently this board doesn't have the don't ask don't tell policy.

Well, it is always a judgement call, and maybe I souldn't have given it a name.  The upper end of the creek is small, and probably can't take much fishing pressure.  One person can easily cover a mile of stream in a couple of hours, so if a dozen people are trying to fish on the same day, there just isn't room.  Still, it is featured in BRP literature....

On the other hand, downstream from the park boundry, the stream is managed as a hatchery supported stream.  It picks up some size and there are several miles of water in Patrick county that are not as heavily fished as other streams.  Word has it that there is some natural reproduction, so there are trout in it year 'round.