News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

21 April

Started by twinbridges, April 21, 2015, 17:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

21 April
We fish with Gary and decide to do Notch Bottom down to Pennington on the Big Hole. Bright sunny morning with low 30 temps. We leave at 8:30 and are in a bit after 9:15.

On Pennington Road we have to slow and wait for a cow moose to find the right fence to jump. Moose are amazing in that they look so gangly but they can really gallop, move at the trot like a fine horse and jump fences with ease.

Then we see a couple of bald eagles and 8 mule deer. Critter day.

Put in and it is a bit slow with a trout now and then, then late morning it gets much better with a steady stream of browns and bows to the net 15-17" eating a small stone nymph and an occasional dry eat.

Then at lunch time it slows down and then picks up and before you know it we have put a bunch of nice trout in the boat. No 20 inchers but very nice trout and they are fat.

And then we come upon a couple of golden eagles, then another cow moose in the river eating grass who just does not seem to mind us at all.

Then more trout, then more goldens, a pair one time, and then we see six in trees along the river together and they take flight just as we pass. This is crazy. More than a dozen eagles in one day.

When we get to town it is 70 degrees. Great day on an amazing river.

TheYiman

Golden Eagles are so cool.  Nice day out.

Woolly Bugger

Sounds like a perfect day on the water!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

i second that perfect day, new job complications holding up prerunoff trip, who knows what the summer brings
that float sound great, thanks for the update
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

twinbridges

If you can figure out the water thing for the year you are better than we can figure out.  Think just to fish yo we get more or run out.