Main Menu

Salty Salty

Started by Big J, July 01, 2014, 07:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on July 01, 2014, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on July 01, 2014, 12:39:30 PM
And FYI:
Anybody else want to move to the NN? Mom's house in Warsaw is going on the market soon.

Is it on the water?

Nay, nay. Warsaw is 6 miles off the Rapp. More off the Potomac.

The Dude

Pretty cool that your camera was able to get the photo of the dog without blurring it up.  Did you manually adjust the settings or did it pick it up from the auto setting?

Nice stripers. 

I always get a kick when people go to the east coast and order crablegs.  Them shits aren't any fresher than the ones in your grocer's freezer!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on July 01, 2014, 13:23:49 PM
Pretty cool that your camera was able to get the photo of the dog without blurring it up.  Did you manually adjust the settings or did it pick it up from the auto setting?

Iphone  :laugh: Pentax got a scratch on the lense and ditched it a while ago for my phone with a waterproof case.  At least until I can get the Olympus TG series

I always get a kick when people go to the east coast and order crablegs.  Them shits aren't any fresher than the ones in your grocer's freezer!

I know, my friend told me the same thing.  I never get seafood though and am a sucker for crab legs.  The oysters are straight out of the bay though.

Beetle

Quote from: Big J on July 01, 2014, 12:12:51 PM
Quote from: Transylader on July 01, 2014, 12:03:20 PM
Say, J, didn't you lip land a speckled trout? :P

Yes, yes I did.  I'm a MAN.

You should post up some of those manly Disney pics!   :P

Big J

Quote from: Beetle on July 01, 2014, 13:39:31 PM

Yes, yes I did.  I'm a MAN.

You should post up some of those manly Disney pics!   :P

:laugh:  Touche

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on July 01, 2014, 13:31:01 PM

]I know, my friend told me the same thing.  I never get seafood though and am a sucker for crab legs.  The oysters are straight out of the bay though.

Uh, well, sort of possible.
Fresh? Only available in the "R" months locally. September - April.

Transylwader

Yes, yes I did.  I'm a PUNE.
*correction

Michael Toris

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Real nice

Native Fisher

Quote from: Dougfish on July 01, 2014, 13:47:57 PM

]I know, my friend told me the same thing.  I never get seafood though and am a sucker for crab legs.  The oysters are straight out of the bay though.

Uh, well, sort of possible.
Fresh? Only available in the "R" months locally. September - April.

A big maybe.  One of the largest oyster companies on the Neck has been getting truck loads of oysters shipped from the Gulf for many years to make up for the lack of local supply.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Very nice Big J.!

The oysters are straight out of the bay though.[/b]

.... and full of toxins (norovirus, Campylobacter, and Vibrio vulnificus, Salmonella, E. coli, etc.).  Check out what is in those Gulf transplants.

You're better off sticking to the slippery eggs and the scattered/smothered at Waffle House. 

Party on!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Well they tasted good  :laugh: My friend is planning on getting into raising some oysters soon.  I plan on buying some more oysters and messing around with dishes soon too.  He also grilled up some stripers that he caught during the big striper run.  Saltwater fish taste so much better than freshwater fish.

Mudwall, your telling me you don't like cracking open a raw oyster and eating it? 

The Dude

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 02, 2014, 07:11:34 AM
Very nice Big J.!

The oysters are straight out of the bay though.[/b]

.... and full of toxins (norovirus, Campylobacter, and Vibrio vulnificus, Salmonella, E. coli, etc.).  Check out what is in those Gulf transplants.

You're better off sticking to the slippery eggs and the scattered/smothered at Waffle House. 

Party on!

Salt Life!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on July 02, 2014, 07:18:10 AM
Saltwater fish taste so much better than freshwater fish.

How does it compare to SABT though? 

Native Fisher

Many people have told me they can tell the difference between the local and Gulf oysters when eating them raw. I will not eat oysters unless they are roasted. 
J,  next time get Blue crabs. They will be fresh.

Onslow

Fresh Yellowfin Tuna is food of the gods.  Striper flesh is garden fertilizer.