News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Very special retirement gift

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, July 22, 2016, 20:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Hokie Stone from the Virginia Tech quarry for my headstone.  Exactly what I wanted. 

VT and Entomology have been very good to me!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

DRIFTS

Way cool...I'll be unloading my oldest up there today  0:0
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Woolly Bugger

Is that a traditional parting gift?

Looks like a fine group of people!

Grey dolomite, is a fitting description for an old fossil like you!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Hope you don't need it anytime soon!
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Drifts, congratulations to you and your young Hokie.  Enjoy the ride; VT is a special place.

No Bossman, the Hokie Stone for a gravestone was an item that I requested, unique wish and gift I suppose.  They never questioned the peculiarity of my request to engrave my own Hokie Stone marker. The Department is a fine group of folks. 

Same here Doug.  I hope not to need it for a bit, but I definitely do not fear the end.  I've done about all I can do, considering my depravities of chewing, smoking, drinking, and questionable diet.  Had a recent physical with wonderful blood work results, had my colonoscopy and 6 beautiful polyps removed (photos available on request), and next week I am headed to the skin master to have my itchy nodule treated.   I am ready for whatever. 

Off to a bluegrass fest – music, barbeque, corn hole, and stout women with few teeth.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

The Dude

Congrats, Hiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

jwgnc

That's perfect.  In 45 years when you need it, they'll all be made of faux stone.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Al

Good on you Muddy. Like others have said - hope you are able to place it in storage and when it's required folks will scratch their head and ask "Where is it? I know it's around here somewhere!"

Big J

Congrats on your retirement.  Have fun living out your days as a hermit up in the hills.

22midge

Welcome to the world of us ole non-employed farts. Wish you well and a long time to enjoy all you have waited for. Be safe

OLE SMOKE

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Dee-Vo

Congratulations, dude. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Toris

Way to go Muddy.

I still like you and am happy for you even of you are an asshole

Grannyknot

Look at how many people are happy they don't have to work with you anymore!

Congrats mudwall.  Enjoy your free time.  Cool token of appreciation from the campus.
'c;
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Jfey

Good stuff Hiner and Congrats!    0:0
Yup, going fishing