News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What’s Good!!!

Started by Yellow_Rose_Fly, December 15, 2018, 22:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow_Rose_Fly

With all the weather of late what’s fishable? About to be on leave and I’m looking to take the pop up out for a few days with the fam.  Was looking at Stone Mountain State Park but they are closed to camping at the present time.  Anybody ever fished around Devils Fork State Park in SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone-Man

The creeks in E Tenn are blown out due to the huge snowfall last Sunday and Monday. And the tailraces are running ape shit.
The Nantahala got nothing but rain,so it may be fishable now . If we have anybody on this forum from around Bryson City ,they could put you on some clean water.

Stone-Man

croaker

Not familiar with that area. 
Y'all might look at Oconee State Park. 
Near the Chattooga River.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Dougfish

Not much is good in VA. Small streams only. And another good slug of raining coming for Thur.-Fri.
Virtually every state or fed campground is shuttered for the winter. Private only.
Good luck. -0-

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

High gradient small stream trib. will be your best bet.  Everyone knows I love rain, but it needs to stop for at least a couple weeks.  Getting hammered again this week. 

Yellow_Rose_Fly

I agree this rain needs to stop!!! Thanks for all the insight.  We do have kayaks that we will be taking so the lake might be a better bet, happy fam = more fishing time for me and I can work on my still water game. Hopefully I'll have a good report!  Tomorrow I'm going to drive to Stone Mountain State Park to hit the water, about 2:45 hrs from fayetnam. The park is back open and available for camping. If the fishing is good then we might go there.  Fly pic just because MTFGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Stone-Man

Cable,
Lake fishing will be close to impossible now with a fly rod. The fish are deep and not likely to get shallow due to the cold rain and snow.
A buddy has been murdering the white perch on Lake Hickory ,but they are deep and he is using a spinning rod. Badin Lake (which is pretty close to you) has white perch ,but you need a depth finder to target them on the underwater humps.
The E Tenn streams are red and in the trees now.

remember this little tip --  Badin lake is a really great Bluegill / Shellcracker lake lake in May . I have caught thousands of bluegill on that lake on a fly rod.
PM me if ya want some more info on that lake (or any other lake in N.C.)

JT

Yellow_Rose_Fly

Quote from: Stone-Man on December 21, 2018, 21:16:29 PM
Cable,
Lake fishing will be close to impossible now with a fly rod. The fish are deep and not likely to get shallow due to the cold rain and snow.
A buddy has been murdering the white perch on Lake Hickory ,but they are deep and he is using a spinning rod. Badin Lake (which is pretty close to you) has white perch ,but you need a depth finder to target them on the underwater humps.
The E Tenn streams are red and in the trees now.

remember this little tip --  Badin lake is a really great Bluegill / Shellcracker lake lake in May . I have caught thousands of bluegill on that lake on a fly rod.
PM me if ya want some more info on that lake (or any other lake in N.C.)

JT

Will do and thanks