News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

College Football 2013

Started by Big J, August 22, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

All this talk about a bunch of whiny, overpaid professional sports teams has me thinking about college football.  Some preseason thoughts.

1). Michigan is going to suck again this year.  :'( Ranked 14th but I don't see that lasting, but I'll root for them until the bitter end and smack talk Ohio State.

2) This hurts me to say, but Ohio State will be good this year.  Ranked 2 and I think they will stay 2 and then get smacked by a SEC team in championship.

3) Georgia is a team I'm excited for this year.  Murray and Gurley will be dominating this year and hopefully they can beat Alabama like they should of last year.

4) Lastly, I look forward to watching Alabama smack VT with my inlaws who are hardcore VT fans.  ;D (nothing against VT, I just enjoy my father inlaw screaming at the tv)

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on August 22, 2013, 09:51:47 AM
All this talk about a bunch of whiny, overpaid professional sports teams has me thinking about college football.  Some preseason thoughts.

4) Lastly, I look forward to watching Alabama smack VT with my inlaws who are hardcore VT fans.  ;D (nothing against VT, I just enjoy my father inlaw screaming at the tv)

What is a "smack"?  Is it a win, or are you implying some sort of humiliation?

Big J., are you allowed to wager?   The reason I ask – I have no intention of getting you in hot water with your Mrs., that same lady that twisted you into a Facebook account.  Honestly, I ain't sure who wears the pants.  So, if you are allowed to come out and play (bet), please get in touch with me, and we will discuss.  Many thanks.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Clemsontygerfan

I have serious doubts about #3.  They have to play the nation's best team the first game of the season and then trickle down to a few other mediocre teams.   

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 22, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
I have serious doubts about #3.  They have to play the nation's best team the first game of the season and then trickle down to a few other mediocre teams.

Yeah right!  Clemson is the nation's best team.

A few things you will never hear a Clemson fan say:

I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
Let's go to the museum.
Nope, no more for me. I'm driving tonight.
I have reviewed your application.
I thought Graceland was tacky.
I just couldn't find a thing at Walmart today.
I think we should get to know each other better first.

Clemsontygerfan

Nice!  I love that clip!  They even found that same guy at the following game and called him out. Haha!

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 22, 2013, 10:10:53 AM
What is a "smack"?  Is it a win, or are you implying some sort of humiliation?

Big J., are you allowed to wager?   The reason I ask – I have no intention of getting you in hot water with your Mrs., that same lady that twisted you into a Facebook account.  Honestly, I ain't sure who wears the pants.  So, if you are allowed to come out and play (bet), please get in touch with me, and we will discuss.  Many thanks.

Do you feel like you win when you get smacked?

And Mrs. lets me bet as long as she doesn't find out  ;D  a dozen flies of any pattern the other chooses?

Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 22, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
I have serious doubts about #3.  They have to play the nation’s best team the first game of the season and then trickle down to a few other mediocre teams.   

You gots jokes! Will be a heck of a game though. 

Jfey

Quote from: Big J on August 22, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

1). Michigan is going to suck again this year.  :'( Ranked 14th but I don't see that lasting, but I'll root for them until the bitter end and smack talk Ohio State.

2) This hurts me to say, but Ohio State will be good this year.  Ranked 2 and I think they will stay 2 and then get smacked by a SEC team in championship.

I agree.  Your boys lost a lot of talent.  Touissant needs to have a monster year and yes, once again, I am sure that the Buckeyes will get royally smacked in a BCS game vs the SEC.  I am excited about the team this year and do think we are closing the gap since the Florida and LSU embarrassments.

Other random hopeful thoughts:

Alabama loses twice
Clowney lives up to the hype and has a season full of highlights
Braxton Miller in the Heisman race at the end of the year
Notre Dame loses more than twice
Oregon continues to be fun to watch without Chip Kelly
USC loses again to Oregon ST and Stanford
The ACC becomes relevant
West Virginia makes some noise in the Big 12
Johnny Football gives all  the talking head critics a big FU by having another great year and live tweets from the sidelines 
Yup, going fishing

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on August 22, 2013, 11:12:09 AM
Do you feel like you win when you get smacked?

I used to relish a "smack" or two; there have been numerous stimulating occasions when I've been "smacked" and felt like I was a real winner.

And Mrs. lets me bet as long as she doesn't find out  ;D  a dozen flies of any pattern the other chooses?

Dozen flies it is.  How many points are you giving me?

benben reincarnated

Woohoo GA Tech made it into this thread...even though it was at the expense of laughing at an overly distraught Clemson fan on video.    -0-

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 22, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

I'll go out on the ledge and say Alabama beats VT by 17 points.  Anything less than 17 and a dozen flies will be set your way.  Fair?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: benben on August 22, 2013, 12:06:23 PM
Woohoo GA Tech made it into this thread...even though it was at the expense of laughing at an overly distraught Clemson fan on video.    -0-

GT – my 2nd most disliked ACC team.  Well maybe they are tied for 2nd with those cheating arse Tarheels!

I can see my orange and maroon jingoism is going to get the best of me.  I can see multiple fall wagers.  I best start tying flies now.  There is a good chance I am going to lose my butt!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on August 22, 2013, 12:08:06 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 22, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

I'll go out on the ledge and say Alabama beats VT by 17 points.  Anything less than 17 and a dozen flies will be set your way.  Fair?

Check, we have a deal!  And I like my weenies tied with neon green furry foam.

troutboy_II

Uh, Go Jackets?! :P

Frankly, I don't have a clue how we'll do this year, but I think we will be throwing it more which will help the ground game.  That being said, our students still have to attend class, so we don't get some of the brutes ("I am the Brute Squad!"  >:D) that the Woofie crowd gets and when you figure that Uptuh gets their rejects, well the Jackets will have their hands full with either team.  Our defense should continue to get better as it did the last half of the year.  That will probably be the key to Tech's year - better defense = much better year than most have projected. 

Inspite of that, I predict that Tech beats one or the other this year.   /'/  May not seem right on paper, but doing so makes life bearable each year in dealing with all these Georgia and Clemson rednecks I work with and life has been bearable!  I do plan to forward on that U-tube video, just to prove the paper and SI are not always right.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Big J

Quote from: Jfey on August 22, 2013, 11:57:19 AM
I agree.  Your boys lost a lot of talent.  Touissant needs to have a monster year and yes, once again, I am sure that the Buckeyes will get royally smacked in a BCS game vs the SEC.  I am excited about the team this year and do think we are closing the gap since the Florida and LSU embarrassments.

Alabama loses twice I say once
Notre Dame loses more than twice Agree, they do good when not expected to do good and awful when expected to do good
The ACC becomes relevant Agree
Johnny Football gives all  the talking head critics a big FU by having another great year and live tweets from the sidelines Agree

The rest I have no opinion on.

Jfey

Quote from: Big J on August 22, 2013, 13:22:17 PM
Quote from: Jfey on August 22, 2013, 11:57:19 AM

Alabama loses twice I say once
Notre Dame loses more than twice Agree, they do good when not expected to do good and awful when expected to do good
The ACC becomes relevant Agree
Johnny Football gives all  the talking head critics a big FU by having another great year and live tweets from the sidelines Agree

The rest I have no opinion on.

No opinion on Braxton Miller following Archie Griffin, Eddie George and Troy Smith's footprints?  ;D   Wait, don't answer, I'm pretty sure I know your opinion.
Yup, going fishing