News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

beating the heat

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 14, 2011, 07:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

NWS called for thunderstorms and flash flooding, so what to do? Head over the continental divide and fish the west slope for smallies was the ticket. Passed through a little rain but no major storms, don't know if we got any rain at home or not.

Gas is taking a bump back up, but the Impala is getting close to 32 mpg on the highway, ( 31.97 on my trip to Nashville ) so the 160 mile RT to the New isn't too bad.

Waded up the left side through the ledges and got a few hits but the water was a little dingy and might fish better when its a little lower.

Finally got into some fish on the right side a ways up above the ledges.

On the way to the river I spied a new bar in town and decided to make a stop on the way home.

Sparta Brew N Cue -- warm beer, bar is too high and the pinball drains. Bartender is a retired city worker, offered up some little river advice, but not real talkative. Bar closed @ 10..., but I think they have bands on the weekend.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

Nice. Pinball drains? What the hell does that mean?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: kylemc on July 14, 2011, 12:52:40 PM
Nice. Pinball drains? What the hell does that mean?

center ball trap spits it back out and down the drain....

also sux
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

get a job God damn it >:D
And again {S;