News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCsporksman

What time you going Old Fella? I've had a rock-hard boner ever since I saw the first trailer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NCsporksman

Dude there's 5 people in this theatre on opening nite

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rbphoto

Go see Dunkirk.

We were probably the youngest couple in the theater yesterday afternoon.

The wife wanted more character development.  She wanted more American Hollywood-style war movie.  I thought it was done well. 

I read an article about how the movie is full of defeat.

It is not.

It displays some of the harsh realities of war and the human condition - good and evil. 

I have never been to war.  I have never served in the armed forces.  I am grateful to all of my family and friends over the years who have.  I have a great respect for the warrior spirit in the men whom I know and the women who have supportrd, and many of them lost, those men.

Dunkirk portrays soldiers. 

Dunkirk portrays non-American soldiers at war -getting beaten yet not giving up.  The fact that it is about British and French warfare in WWII is unique to the modern era and much needed.

It is full of grit, determination, will to survive - if only to fight another day;  it is full of the desire to see home, to see victory. 

It is full of hope.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dougfish

Bravo review. Everything I've heard, also.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutfanatic

Quote from: rbphoto on July 22, 2017, 17:24:03 PM
Go see Dunkirk.

We were probably the youngest couple in the theater yesterday afternoon.

The wife wanted more character development.  She wanted more American Hollywood-style war movie.  I thought it was done well. 

I read an article about how the movie is full of defeat.

It is not.

It displays some of the harsh realities of war and the human condition - good and evil. 

I have never been to war.  I have never served in the armed forces.  I am grateful to all of my family and friends over the years who have.  I have a great respect for the warrior spirit in the men whom I know and the women who have supportrd, and many of them lost, those men.

Dunkirk portrays soldiers. 

Dunkirk portrays non-American soldiers at war -getting beaten yet not giving up.  The fact that it is about British and French warfare in WWII is unique to the modern era and much needed.

It is full of grit, determination, will to survive - if only to fight another day;  it is full of the desire to see home, to see victory. 

It is full of hope.

Yep. This is accurate. After you serve you tend to shoot holes in Hollywood war films. You find inaccuracies in everything from weapons to uniforms and equipment. They overdo the special effects to raise the drama. Not the case here. Damn accurate film and well done. Like I said in an earlier comment, it's probably the best one since The Great Raid. That remains my favorite, but Dunkirk is awesome.

troutfanatic

Apparently this guy appreciated the movie. He is a survivor of Dunkirk.

Quote"It didn't have a lot of dialogue. It didn't need any of the dialogue because it told the story visually and it was so real."

The movie Dunkirk tells the terrifying story of the evacuation of allied troops from the French city of Dunkirk.  It's thrilling entertainment for most viewers, but for just a handful of people in the world, it contains images that bring back memories of surviving Dunkirk.

"I was in those little boats picking them out of the water," Sturdy said.

He was a 20-year-old signal man with the Royal Navy helping evacuated soldiers reach waiting boats from the chaos on the beach.

"I had the privilege of seeing that film tonight and I am saddened by it because of what happened on that beach," Sturdy said.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3617564/calgary-veteran-who-survived-dunkirk-causes-a-stir-at-movie-premiere/

Aka

driver

Quote from: Aka on October 30, 2017, 10:37:15 AM
Y'all seen this one?
Rofl

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Woolly Bugger

We went to see this last night and totally loved it!

bd;0

You cannot view this attachment.

Echo in the Canyon (2018)
A look at the roots of the historic music scene in L.A.'s Laurel Canyon featuring the music of iconic groups such as The Byrds, The Beach Boys, Buffal...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8884430/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

We went and saw The Current Wars last night and although I thought it would be a nerdy or geeky movie it turned out to be quite entertaining as Edison, Westinghouse, and Tesla battle to bring their conflicting ideas on how the county should be electrified. Although a bit disjointed because it covers so much discovery and invention in such a short movie, the main characters strong personalities make a dramatic tension that culminates with the winning bid to electrify the Chicago Worlds Fair.

The movie has several dramatic flashback scenes one of which involves Westinghouse's encounter with a Confederate soldier, reminding us how little time has past since the end of that bloody conflict!

I give it 4 lightbulbs!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140507/
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dougfish

That one is on my short list.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

burgessbart

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 31, 2015, 17:58:08 PM
Quote from: TylerDurden on May 31, 2015, 16:42:41 PMAnybody see Birdman???

loved it! y; y;
I thought Birdman was awesome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burgessbart

I am actually stoked about "A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Bugger

Saw midway the other evening — amazing, I was ducking for cover.

My dad was a radio/gunner on the Dauntless SBD — he wants to go see the movie!
me -There's a season?