News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2 in 1

Started by driver, May 29, 2016, 12:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Was really busy last week and didn't have time to post a report from 3 days in Graham county. And I hit a stream yesterday so, I'm combining them into one.

Last weekend me and a old friend camped 3 days in Graham county. I forgot my camera, so I didn't take a lot of photogs. But the fishing was sub par.

Hit one of our favs on Sat. Didn't catch the numbers and sizes we normally catch there and very few browns than we normally catch. A front was coming through, so that may have had some effect.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ID on this

Next day was exploring some new water and then hit the natty after generation to see if any bugs were coming off.

The new water was loaded with fish. You could expect 3 or 4 fish per run. Unfortunately they were all 4 to 6 inch bows ans the occasional stocktard.

Nothing worth breaking the phone out for except the graffiti.

Fished falling water on the natty. Caught a couple of stockers couple of natives and lost a night butter colored brown at the net. Not many bugs came off and the risers were about 4inchers.

Fast forward to yesterday. I started to call around and see if anyone wanted to fish, then I decided, I haven't fished by myself deep in the mountains in a long time, and decided to go solo at my own pace and enjoy being immersed in nature for the day.

Fished a crick that Ken had refreshed my memory of. And I haven't been to in 5 or 6 years. Did well. Not many biguns but managed one nice fish.

Raccoon poop feast

Stopped here at the falls because I was beat, hot, and didn't not feel like bush wacking any more. So I took a break at the top of the falls.

This old car frame was literally hanging over the edge of the cliff above the falls.

Made a friend on the way out.

After the hike out I was exhausted and decided to head home. It was 4pm. Upon reaching the closest town. I stopped to get gas. Reached to grab my wallet, and it was not there. Seached the cab, nothing. I figured it was one of two places, where I parked or at the top of the falls wjerw I dropped a duce. And I only have a 1/4 tank of gas. Drove 30 minutes back to the parking area. Nothing. As reluctant as I was to hike all the way back to the falls, I filled the water bottle and hiked in. Sure enough my wallet was right where I droped the duce. That made the hike out a little easier. It was 7:30 whenI got to the truck.

Needless to say, I can barely walk today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ptfranze

How was that wild sour?  Damn good thing you found your wallet that could have sucked big time

Dee-Vo

I've never fished the Nanty. Hopefully one day.

I've lost wallets.....several times. I'm glad you found it. That flow has been frequented very often lately, so someone would have found it, no doubt. That may have been good or bad.

Good shit.

Yallerhammer

Good stuff, and some nice fish! Gotta love dyslexic neo-Nazis, too. :D The mystery plant is sweetshrub (Calycanthus floridus.) Headed to Graham County myself in a couple weeks. Got a couple flatland buddies from SC who come up every year and we camp at Snowbird for the weekend. They like to fly fish, but ain't quite up to blue lining yet. Still have a lot of fun hanging out, fishing, drinking, catching stoggers and consuming them in mass quantities grilled over the campfire.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

'c;  Good feesh, beer and sammies. A great Galax pic, too. That last brown was a nice one.  :banana026:
I left my CC in a restaurant in Bristol aa couple of years ago. Found out when I stopped for gas the next am. It was 2 hours before they opened, but I banged on the door until a manager came out without calling the cops. Losing id's and CC's suck.  :banana072:
There. Used some new naners.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

That's why they put zippers and buttons on back pockets, sux that you had to back track, would have suxed worse if you didn't find it! <-;:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 29, 2016, 16:00:01 PM
That's why they put zippers and buttons on back pockets, sux that you had to back track, would have suxed worse if you didn't find it! <-;:
I would have jumped off that cliff if it wasn't there.Would have been better than hiking back out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael Toris

Was gonna say Calycanthus floridus, but yaller best me to it. Cool shit

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

MBB

Beautiful photographs.  Looks like some decent fish were caught nonetheless.

Onslow

That slog X2 kinda sucks.  At least you found it!  Purdy fish.