News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

To the moon with Newt

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, January 26, 2012, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I am interested, even though I'll be around 73 years old.  I wonder if the colony will be open to seniors.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/25/10237875-gingrich-promises-us-moon-colony-by-2020

Correction: I'll be around 63, not 73.  I failed to take off my shoes and socks, so my first calculation was off by 10.  Plus I am missing 4 fingers, which makes counting difficult.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

snagaluffaguss

It will be colonized by long legged moon sluts with big green space titties...

and Newt.

Woolly Bugger

big, bold and perhaps overreaching.. just pandering....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Grannyknot

wonder what we'll see first...the closing of shitmo or a moon colon-y.
Newt better beware the election promises, lest the masses will brow-beat about them on internet forums for years to come.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

The Dude

It's okay because he will never have to make good on those promises.  Notice he said "by the end of his SECOND term"?  That is just brilliant politicking, if you ask me.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

snagaluffaguss

http://www.theonion.com/articles/time-traveler-from-the-year-1998-warns-nation-not,27178/

Time Traveler From The Year 1998 Warns Nation Not To Elect Newt Gingrich

WASHINGTON—Saying he came bearing an important message from the past, a stranger from the year 1998 appeared on the Capitol steps Thursday and urged voters not to elect Newt Gingrich president in 2012. "In the late 20th century, Newt Gingrich is a complete disgrace!" said the time-traveling man, warning Americans that 14 years in the not-so-distant past, Gingrich becomes the only speaker in the history of the House of Representatives to be found guilty on ethics charges, and is later forced to resign. "In my time, he shuts down the federal government for 28 days because his feelings get hurt over having to sit at the back of Air Force One. Gingrich gets our president impeached for lying about marital infidelities when, at the same time, Gingrich himself is engaged in his own extramarital affairs. And for God's sake, he divorced his first wife after she was diagnosed with cancer. Won't anyone listen to me?!?" When asked about Donald Trump, the time-traveler said he had no information on the man, as no one from 1998 cared about a "washed-up fake millionaire."

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

troutphisher

I see it as another tax payer expenditure, the only difference in Newt's idea, is I get to see a rocket launch for 500 million, instead of a failed solar panel company.......

At least I get the excitement of seeing flames thrusting through nozzles,  projecting a giant aluminum cylinder heading for the stratosphere at amazing speeds in all its blazing glory, with the anticipation of perhaps a mishap, and a large explosion!!!!!!!!...contrails of smoke, shards of metal blowing out in all directions........

Better than solar panels sitting in a warehouse, with no possible redemption for any any excitement, sure the Warehouse could burn and you might see a myriad of colors from the chemical burn.....I suppose, but its not the same.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

I'm not a Newt fan but he has a point. We used the original Moon program and subsequent NASA projects to come up with a lot of technological advances. Today, thanks to the present administration we have to hitch a ride with the Soviets and Chinese.

I am sure the $$$ we saved by doing away with our space program is not going to pay down the debt b'; b';  You and I both know where it is going!

Peddler

Quote from: Al on January 27, 2012, 22:31:37 PM
I'm not a Newt fan but he has a point. We used the original Moon program and subsequent NASA projects to come up with a lot of technological advances. Today, thanks to the present administration we have to hitch a ride with the Soviets and Chinese.

Maybe Newt has made promises to other businessmen that once the heavy lifting and R&D expense is done, he'll push to privatize this venture to those who support him.

Hey... he's a sleazeball politician like the rest of them. At this stage in my life and after seeing all sorts of back-handed deals like this I wouldn't rule crap like this out for a minute!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Peddler

Quote from: Al on January 27, 2012, 22:31:37 PM
Today, thanks to the present administration we have to hitch a ride with the Soviets and Chinese.

Your boys enrichen the Chinese and now you're bitchin'? They have the bucks, in case you haven't noticed. U.S. dollars at that and it all didn't dump their way just during 'this administration now did it?

Just in case you weren't briefed on this, the INTERNATIONAL Space Staion has been in the works for a long while before 'this administration'. International space efforts have been in effect since the early 1970's. This puts it in the realm of a good many administrations if I'm not mistaken.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Al

Quote from: Peddler on January 28, 2012, 00:06:47 AM
[Just in case you weren't briefed on this, the INTERNATIONAL Space Staion has been in the works for a long while before 'this administration'. International space efforts have been in effect since the early 1970's. This puts it in the realm of a good many administrations if I'm not mistaken.

And it would appear that now our end of the INTERNATIONAL deal is to fund the R&D for some other country.  Do ya suspose if China and the Russians make any major break throughs they will share them with us b';