As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Don

The faster we go the rounder we get.

driver

Good thing my ammo of choice is bird shot.

Mr. Don

This was my grandfathers. Finest .22 I ever fired.
High Standard Sport King.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mr. Don

Mr. Don

Mr. Don

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 17, 2020, 09:07:55 AMNote from the gun counter: Sales after the election have been off the charts, 30-40 handguns per day, up 300% above last year.

Perhaps this is nothing more than another murmuration of the misguided credulous, the injudicious gullible, the paranoid.  Like the starlings, new members are joining the flock of the misguided cult, moving synchronously through the skies of suspicion.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mr. Don

I came south looking for fly ideas and like an excited puppy I pissed all over the floor. Sorry. I just like guns.  p;-

Big J

Quote from: Mr. Don on November 17, 2020, 21:11:50 PM40's vintage .30 carbine.

This M1 Carbine is a sweet gun! The .30 Carbine cartridge gets a lot of crap, but I always thought it was a decent inbetween cartridge between pistol and rifle cartridges.  Heard stories of guys wanting and getting issued these in Vietnam over the M14 because the M14's were a pita to carry around.  @Al might be able to speak some on that.

Mr. Don

110 grain ball ammo.

Quote from: Big J on November 18, 2020, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: Mr. Don on November 17, 2020, 21:11:50 PM40's vintage .30 carbine.

This M1 Carbine is a sweet gun! The .30 Carbine cartridge gets a lot of crap, but I always thought it was a decent inbetween cartridge between pistol and rifle cartridges.  Heard stories of guys wanting and getting issued these in Vietnam over the M14 because the M14's were a pita to carry around.  @Al might be able to speak some on that.

troutrus

I've been looking to upgrade. This thing is a killer on common houseflies, but wasps and the like just laugh at me when they see me coming.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Big J

Load it with some coarse kosher salt  V:;

hcrum87hc

Quote from: troutrus on November 18, 2020, 12:36:47 PMI've been looking to upgrade. This thing is a killer on common houseflies, but wasps and the like just laugh at me when they see me coming.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Do those really work well?  I've always been intrigued by them.  I think I'd leave the back door open just to let flies in for target practice.
Jeremiah 17:7

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Mr. Don on November 17, 2020, 20:45:44 PMCouple of 9mm. Ruger American and Walther PPQ

I love my PPQs.  I traded the M1 towards the newer M2.  I sure did love that trigger guard magazine release, but I found myself trying to release the mags on other guns by pushing on the trigger guard, so decided to standardize.  I'd love to pick up one of the new steel frame versions, but they're $$$$$.
Jeremiah 17:7