SOHO mojo with a side of didymo

Started by glassfisher, April 18, 2010, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassfisher

TP and I hit the SOHO yesterday morning.  We started off downstream.  There was nothing hatching spare a few sporadic midges, so we both started out nymphing.  TP was picking em up on pheasant tail nymphs and the bwo emerger was working for me.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

We moved upstream a couple of miles and continued to have success with nymphs.  TP and I both got some nice fish and I did manage to find one of the big boys.  It was a blistering fight, line peeled from Hardy reel and it was music to my ears. I fought him downstream through some riffles and he was finally in the net.  We fished for another hour or so and picked up some more bows and browns.

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

We moved further upstream and the afternoon pulse was hitting.  I guess the extra flow and warmer temps from the morning started dislodging didymo.  We tried moving back downstream, but it was pretty bad there too.  We picked up a couple more fish, but we really had to work for em as we were cleaning the rock shot off the flies after almost every cast. We finished off the day with some fine Leffe Belgian golden ale   0--0
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

Trout Maharishi

Really nice brown! 0--0 Did you make white bread boy put on his sunscreen? The "Suck" is strong as usual ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

LivinOnTheFly

Awesome pics. That is one hell of a brown! Congrats, and you suck somethin fierce  ;hb
Not at the table Carlos!

Woolly Bugger

whole lotta suck goin' on

i should be there now.. but...  o-o o-o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Discomidge

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

diaz dassie

That brown is a freakin CANON!!! What was he raised on growing up? MSG??? Awesome fish, just offsides suckage of note 0--0

flatlander

kylemc

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

tbird4

cmiller51h

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

jkilday4

Very nice.  Seems like the didymo blooms are worse than usual this year...or maybe it's just they're worse this time of year  ???

Woolly Bugger

yeah the didimo was bad, bad, bad... hope it clears up now that they are going back to generation...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwhop3

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

CR

Very impressive fish and even more so to land in the current of a tailwater.
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"