News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Pour a sip please

Started by mecnc, August 25, 2011, 00:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecnc

A good friend of mine died yesterday, name of Gene Frye. Gene was/is a Marine and a Vietnam veteran. We worked together for several years and shared many a bottle on the weekends.
He never said much about the war and when he did you could tell it was painful for him to talk about. I think he left something over there he couldn't get back.

RIP Gene and God bless you.

Woolly Bugger

will pour a sip this evening!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Prayers sent up for his family and friends.

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

tomato can

Phil

"I think he left something over there he couldn't get back. "

Truer words have never been spoken. Lots of us did.  I'll lift a glass in your friend's honor tonight, for sure.

Transylwader

Sip poured, condolences mate

rbphoto

Quote from: Phil on August 25, 2011, 15:44:16 PM
"I think he left something over there he couldn't get back. "

Truer words have never been spoken. Lots of us did.  I'll lift a glass in your friend's honor tonight, for sure.

To you, your friend Gene, Phil and all the rest who served - a few minutes of thankful reflection with a glass of bourbon will be set aside for this evening.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish