News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Current project

Started by robs_seven, February 11, 2012, 02:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs_seven

I'm building a rod for our companies president. We made the entire reel seat. It's got the company logo and name engraved and a NY quarter embedded in the butt cap. Only problem is the parameter in the 4th axis flipped the name.  Oh well gotta still build it. The entire thing is made from solid titanium, ran out of material and that shit isnt cheap so can't make another.  It's going to have a blue acrylic insert inside to show through the engraving. 
Going to put the backwards shit under the reel.

Here's some pics
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

benben reincarnated

Damn, that is some nice work.   'c;

Transylwader

Thats a nice gesture Robby, my boss? I wouldn't piss on the bitch if she was on fire >:D

robs_seven

He is a good dude.  Took his first fly fishing trip last year when his family decided to go on a trip to a place with NO CELL service.  He ended up catching some good fish and ever since asked me to build him a rod.  So I got all our nigth shifters to chip in to cover the cost and one of the guys works at Rowan Tech and went in last saturday to engrave the seat.  Hoping to finish it this week.  The boss takes over presidency at the end of the month so we will present it then

Stuart R.

That is a nice thing to do for him. Also great work. I done a fighting but for my 8wt with a VA quarter. I really like that idea. My quarter fell out a while back. I need to put another one in there. Thanks for reminding me of that. Keep up the good work.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

flyfishmore

Nice work!  What blank are you using?

robs_seven

Its going to be a 7'6" 4wt American Tackle