News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cut Fly Line

Started by t0n, November 30, 2007, 10:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t0n

I some how managed to break my new Orvis Gen3 4WF fly line lastnight severing approximately the fist 12-14' of the line off. Is it possible to salvage this line or am I about to shell out another $60 on new fly line? Im not sure how much weight is in the first 12' of the line and how much that will hinder my casting abilities.

If I do need to get a new line, any recommendations? This is my first higher end fly line, the other line I used came with my startup combo kit. 

Woolly Bugger

just take what's left back to Ovris -- Total, 100%, Satisfaction, Guarantee  :angel: ;hb  >:D

If your in Winston-Salem, take it to the Green Drake >:D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout_boy_II

There was a great post on this a month or so ago, but I'm danged if I can find it on this board or some of the others I frequent.   o-o  Had to do with using the same shrink "braid" that is usually used for adhering a loop on the end of the fly line (vs. a blood knot and short piece of nylon line).  Seems like a small knot is used (if line severed) then this shrink stuff is applied over it, shrunk and spiffied up with zap a gap or similar.  Somebody will remember this thread and post it for you.  I'm getting old and decrepit.  :P

TB

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

trout_boy_II

Quote from: Gofisher on November 30, 2007, 11:40:48 AM
Flytire has posted this link in the past...

http://www.ukswff.co.uk/Tips_Flyline_Repair.shtml

That was the one.  Real interesting fix.  I wonder if anyone has used it with sauces?

TB