News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Help with Waders

Started by troutfreak, October 12, 2007, 10:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

tf.... take this with a grain of salt, or a dram of scotch, your preference.

SIMMS

as a dealer who has sold well over a 2000 pairs of waders of different brands.... there is really only one wader that performs like a friggin' wader is supposed to perform.... for years.

SIMMS

save your money for a few weeks and purchase from your favorite shop....
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

tw5270

The Simms Freestones used to sell for $149, I have seen them on sale for $99 before.

troutphisher

Take it from me, I actually bought a pair. The LL bean $59 "breathable waders" are no way near breathable. They are more like a glad bag with a draw string.

They might be ok this winter in the cool weather, but they are not a warm weather wader thus far.

I only bought them because of the price, and figured they would at least be a good back up wader. I will wear them a couple more times this year during cold weather.

If they don't performed, I will line my trash can with them and throw them out when they get full.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.