News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

the word has leaked...

Started by walt, August 04, 2007, 06:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

out on the internet (who wooda guessed?) so it ain't a secret no more.....

i'm a bit flummoxed by the Sage SLT being discontinued.... a dang fine trout rod. but.... the new replacement to be called the ZXL incorporates  the z-axis tech ..... AND if what i hear is true.... the old lightline series tapers. if that is the case and sage can pull that off.... boyo's we are gonna have some fun "product testing" 'em this fall up on the grandfather mountain streams.... woo-hoo!

the other "secret"..... gore-tex has developed a new lightweight breathable fabric. rumor has it simms has the exclusive. so, the G3 and the Guide series are being discontinued for a new series that will fill that price range of waders. i wrote down the new name but i'll be danged if i can make out my own writin'.... so we'll just call it the g3 to the second power  ;D

anyways, the good news is that ya'll should be able to get some pretty good deals on some great gear.... at yer local flyshops....

wally gatah
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

moodytrout

:o I cant imagine my SLT 363-3 being any sweeter on my favorite brookie stream :P  I volunteer to help with the new product testing 0--0

Aint that real nice of me >:D

walt

Quote from: moodytrout on August 05, 2007, 17:41:50 PM
:o I cant imagine my SLT 363-3 being any sweeter on my favorite brookie stream :P  I volunteer to help with the new product testing 0--0

Aint that real nice of me >:D

i've been tempted to snag the last 363 as my own.... trouble is i have so many small stream rods now.... dunno, what to do  ;)

let me know when yer headed this way... i'm now planning on taking some pm's off fer some fishin'
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

moodytrout

Sounds real good.  The boy is back so planning is a little difficult and just as the bum arm was feeling better. Maybe I'll bring him and he can take pics for us.