News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on April 22, 2022, 16:05:24 PMI've hooked a couple and lost them each time.

15 lb fluorocarbon
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Damn, that mirror is hefty. Awesome!  Keith takes the Aston Martin to compete in tractor pulls, lol.  That reel is made for carpin.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Onslow on April 23, 2022, 06:15:35 AMDamn, that mirror is hefty. Awesome!  Keith takes the Aston Martin to compete in tractor pulls, lol.  That reel is made for carpin.

7200 RPM
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Hawaiian Spearfisherman Kills 82 Fish to Win National Championship
The spearfishers were targeting invasive fish, so the competition doubled as a conservation effort

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conservation/national-spearfishing-winner-kills-82-invasive-fish
me -There's a season?

Fin

The spearfishers were targeting invasive fish

:'(   It always amuses me what the powers that be classify as "invasive" verse legit gamefish. The list of actual invasives (non-native fish) is a very, very long one.

Woolly Bugger

Smith is blown out — I was jonesing for a tug — hit the carp pond — found one feeding close to the bank — drag and drop — stuck in the lip - nice fatty to the net!

— carry on
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

I've strolled around the pond the last couple of days looking for tailers, I had few opportunities, and the carp weren't cooperative.
A kid was spin fishing for bass and bream and had caught a couple, he was fascinated by my tails of catching carp, he had hooked one but couldn't bring it in.

I walked across the dam, aa nice fat northern banded water snake slithered out of my way. I fished the far side and then returned only to see the snake again. The kid asked if I had seen a snake and I told him twice, and he said he had seen it earlier.

I was fishing the near shore and the kid had worked his way around the pond to the far side when I heard a woman talking on her phone, apparently communicating with her son who was fishing, and I heard her indicate that she would come across the dam to him. I thought about the snake and thought to myself, "this will be good" I watched the mom start across the dam and then head a loud shriek as she scurried back. When she came close, I asked, "Didn't your son warn you about the snake?"

"Oh, no he didn't, they don't bother him" she replied. 

anyway, no carp were caught that day...

Today I had one decent shot, but carp was blocked by a small bass.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Why You Should Keep Carp, and How to Use Them
Whether you're using them for food, bait, or fertilizer, carp can be a lot more useful than many think

1) Pressure-Can Carp To Get Rid of the Bones
2) Brine and Smoke Carp Fillets
3) Make Carp Meatballs
4) Use Carp For Catfish Bait
5) Fertilize the Garden and Feed Chickens With Carp

https://www.fieldandstream.com/fishing/how-to-use-carp/

I vote for number 5
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 21, 2022, 09:15:20 AMWhy You Should Keep Carp, and How to Use Them
Whether you're using them for food, bait, or fertilizer, carp can be a lot more useful than many think

3) Make Carp Meatballs

I vote for number 5

You trying to piss Fin off?

Fin

QuoteWhy You Should Keep Carp, and How to Use Them

3) Make Carp Meatballs

The horror! All carp should be handled delicately with pre-moistened hands and quickly released without ever being lifted from the water. 

Woolly Bugger

Lake Mattamuskeet suffered from run-off pollution, invasive species

https://wr.al/1NV9x
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.

Albie practice at the pond — picked this guy off — chartreuse mop fly   d:b
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Crawdad and Shrimp Stuffed Carp Recipe
This stuffed carp recipe will wow your guests in more ways than one. It has a beautiful presentation, delivers incredible flavor, and is best eaten in a unique way – with your hands.

In this carp recipe, a whole carp is stuffed with crawdads (aka crayfish), shrimp, and seasonings. The stuffed carp is then wrapped up in banana leaves and grilled. The banana leaves create a pocket around the fish, trapping steam, liquids, and flavor within.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/crawdad-shrimp-stuffed-carp-recipe/464856
me -There's a season?

itieuglyflies

Not so sure about that presentation....looks like the carp was infected with a host of internal parasites...