As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Fly Fishing Fonzie
Interesting quick read.
Though he expresses his love of fly fishing, the book is more a motivational, general family life type book. Fun to hear him talk of some of the same rivers I fished when I was more active. Seems he fishes mostly MT and ID, but he did also mention TN.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

I on the other hand have met quite a few idiots on the river...  <-;:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Pretty good. Pretty long. Very popular.

I'm amazed at the amount of work this guy has put out. And he's still pumping them out even at his age. Impressive. 

You cannot view this attachment.

Woolly Bugger

Currently listening to the audio book, narrated by the author.

The End Is Always Near: Apocalyptic Moments, from the Bronze Age Collapse to Nuclear Near Misse

If you think things are bad now, let Dan Carlin take you back in time to when while civilizations were wiped off the face of the earth. Published in 2019 before the current pandemic it is timely and relevant to our expieriences.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dee-Vo

Done, bruh.

trout-r-us

The entire time I was reading it I couldn't get the old P.F. Sloan lyrics out of my head. i.e "Hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace."

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

A little difficult to read and keep up with all the details, but my oh my.  Miranda has gone to great lengths to follow the money. For a crack head Hunter has done pretty good for himself.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 23, 2022, 00:24:32 AMA little difficult to read and keep up with all the details, but my oh my.  Miranda has gone to great lengths to flollow the money. For a crack head Hunter has done pretty good for himself.

Appears to be an intriguing book.  Cost is reasonable.

The alleged transgressions of HB are captivating.  But I am a skeptic when it comes to the words of Miranda Devine (climate change, 6 January debacle, transport of illegals under darkness, etc.).  I'll lump her with Tucker.

Who can we believe these days?  Just last week, while brushing my teeth, gazing into the mirror, I lied to myself and uttered "my gut is getting flatter, and my unit seems to be growing".  Freaking untruths and misinformation is contagious, worse than covid!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 23, 2022, 08:40:31 AM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 23, 2022, 00:24:32 AMA little difficult to read and keep up with all the details, but my oh my.  Miranda has gone to great lengths to flollow the money. For a crack head Hunter has done pretty good for himself.

Appears to be an intriguing book.  Cost is reasonable.

The alleged transgressions of HB are captivating.  But I am a skeptic when it comes to the words of Miranda Devine (climate change, 6 January debacle, transport of illegals under darkness, etc.).  I'll lump her with Tucker.

Who can we believe these days?  Just last week, while brushing my teeth, gazing into the mirror, I lied to myself and uttered "my gut is getting flatter, and my unit seems to be growing".  Freaking untruths and misinformation is contagious, worse than covid!

You are right, I have no idea who to believe anymore. I knew some would dismiss Miaranda on sight. So much hinges on how we feel about something or the person who writes it anymore. Hunter is the fall guy if anything goes down, and he's well protected. I also think his criminal activity is on going. 
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Simplicity.
Our modern world could sure use a few men like him.  You cannot view this attachment.

― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

this reminded

me of this

https://amzn.to/36WP2Hy
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I read Naked Lunch because I had to, don't know if I could make it through another of his books. At least I know where Steely Dan got their name :laugh:  d:b
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

After listening to Erik Larson's Devil in the white City, I ran across another one of his books

It gives a unique look at the incident from abord the Lusitania and Unterseeboot U-20.
me -There's a season?

Rhody

Latest Reads. Gotta recommend them all.
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

bmadd

I may have reread The Longest Silence more than any other book. It goes with me on most every trip.