News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back from the land of the dead

Started by troutphisher, April 02, 2012, 10:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I finally finished a project I working on and left the sorry state of Mississippi in my rear view.

As I crossed the state line into Alabama, I bid her a good by with a simple one finger gesture, arm extended out the window, wrist bent skyward with finger straight and rigid.....farwell Olé miss, I wont be back in this life time I spoke.......

I arrive home and started to unpack, after that it was second order business, go through all the fishing equipment, inventory check and prepare for fishing.

I cleaned and conditioned all the lines on my reels, checking the backing, knots and then cleaning and lubing the moving parts.

I checked and inventoried the sticks, pulling each one out of its tube, checking condition and overall appearance. I cleaned each one meticulously.

Once the gear was checked, it was time to hit the bench...

I only brought the tying essentials to olé miss, knowing full well there were no trout to be found within it's borders, but it offered some connection to fishing, even though I would not get to fish.

After checking the fly boxes, tossed old flies and started a list of flys I would need for the next couple of months. Soon after, I had the flys tied and stuffed in the boxes.

Checked the powder stock, and filled two bottles of fumed silica to the rims..
Checked the vest, all things of manner seamed to be in order........
Checked the license inventory and found only one expired, the TN license which I will remedy tomorrow on my way to the waters........

All things considered I should be in pretty good shape to get back to the living side of life, and put the past year and a half behind me.

It's damn good to be back gents.....

Phish

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Stone-Man

Karl,
While you were gone, I tried to do my part here in E Tenn..  I almost single handedly put down a couple of Trout uprisings   ;D  8)

Stone Man Back to Creek Now

troutphisher

Quote from: Stone-Man on April 02, 2012, 10:17:08 AM
Karl,
While you were gone, I tried to do my part here in E Tenn..  I almost single handedly put down a couple of Trout uprisings   ;D  8)

Stone Man Back to Creek Now

You deserve a metal of the highest order for bravery sir.........that and a cold brew
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Transylwader

Welcome back Karl. Lets go fish some decent Norf Cack shit before summer kicks in -0-

kylemc

call me Karl if you want to float(only at night for trout mind) but warm water?" I dont know really how to say this but, I'm kind of a big deal, I mean people know me. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. "

Woolly Bugger

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

FoulHook

Supposedly a Anchorman 2 in production.

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

troutphisher

Naaaaaa that ain't no flute.......

This is a mad, jester , flute-miester.........God.....

And the train it wont stop go'in................

troutphisher

Quote from: kylemc on April 02, 2012, 15:00:39 PM
call me Karl if you want to float(only at night for trout mind) but warm water?" I dont know really how to say this but, I'm kind of a big deal, I mean people know me. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. "

I knew you were a powerful gent.......... Ok, but I insist on tweed and leather cum socks.........

blue ridge angler

WRector

There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

kylemc

Well that escalated quickly!  Jumped up a notch! Hell, Brick killed a guy!