News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sad Day at Va Tech

Started by troutphisher, April 16, 2007, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I just saw the news, what a sad event and loss of lives for these young students.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Tragic news, unbelievable "Officials tell the Associated Press the Virginia Tech death toll has risen to 31"

sort of puts that Imus flap in a different light...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hermz

I lived in Blacksburg for 4 years and I am sure there are others on here who have as well. I am just sick over this. I never would have thought something so horrible could happen in a small town like that. My prayers go out to the families of the victims.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at the office.

ryguy

I go to Tech now and I was in a building right near there.  I walked right out of a building and heard gunshots so I walked right back inside.  Stayed there for a few hours, and then went back to my room.  The real scary part for me is that I have a class in that building on that floor everyday of the week, and if he had been an hour later I would have been sitting in there.  Reminds me of the frailty of life.

badankles

prayers out to those affected, including the family of the very disturbed young man.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

Mstash

The shooter had a history of mental illness?
Laws in this country need to be changed so people like him have the med needed and are watched from time to time. Not just set out into the world helpless.
I don't think they do a back ground check for mental illness when you buy a gun either.

Very sad

Mstash

flatlander

Quote from: Mstash on April 19, 2007, 05:19:04 AM

I don't think they do a back ground check for mental illness when you buy a gun either.

Mstash

I heard a report on NPR that the background check in Virginia does ask whether the applicant has ever been involuntarily committed.  In the case he lied and wrote "no" apparently.