News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 01, 2021, 14:43:22 PMI think we should shoot the humans and the dog instead of the bear. FB just kicked me off again for 3 days for that comment.  :P  :drum  <-;:

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

One time at band camp................I held my breath for 3 days :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

not bear news. but another stupid human with dog story...

A visitor to Yellowstone National Park suffered "significant thermal burns" Monday afternoon after entering a thermal hot spring trying to rescue her dog.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/yellowstone-visitor-suffers-burns-in-hot-spring-trying-to-rescue-dog/ar-AAPaB6R?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

maybe this should be a Darwin candidate?
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Yellowstone tourist gets jail time after video showed her too close to bears, feds say

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/national/article254825962.html#storylink=cpy

>>> A Yellowstone tourist was caught on video walking toward a grizzly and her cubs. Now she'll spend days in jail for it. The woman from Illinois was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court to four days in jail and one year of probation after she pleaded guilty to charges related to the incident, according to court documents. The tourist was also ordered to pay $1,000 to the Yellowstone Forever Wildlife Protection Fund, the nonprofit partner of the national park, as well as other fines and fees.

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/national/article254825962.html#storylink=cpy
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I've been reading comments about this incident for the last hour. According to public opinion we should have staked her out, covered her in bacon grease, and filmed it while the bears consumed her while she kicked and screamed in agony.  :o  b'; Yea she was stupid, but the world is full of stupid people doing stupid things every day.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

4 days is a little light — 1-2 weeks would have been better and lifetime ban from national parks in addition to the $1,000 fine
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

She also had to pay $1,000 community service payment to Yellowstone Forever Wildlife Protection Fund. I guess she also had some court cost and legal fees, and a trip back to WY from IL, ouch!  That adds up to a fairly expensive oops. Not everyone has money like you. Lifetime ban from the parks would probably have been meanless to her. The jail time wouldn't mean much to me. I'd be doing my time in a mental hospital :laugh:
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Bear injures Sumpter man

>>>Beckner, 19, who lives in Sumpter, said the encounter with the bear in his front yard, late on Thanksgiving, left him with scratches on his cheek and above one eye, among other injuries.

During a phone interview on Monday morning, Nov. 29, Beckner said the knuckle of the middle finger on his right hand, the one he used to punch the bear in the eye, was still sore.

So was his shoulder, where the bear briefly bit him.

https://www.bluemountaineagle.com/bear-injures-sumpter-man/article_ac5c5b84-3e69-5033-867f-032267e4ea7b.html#tncms-source=block-contextual-fallback
me -There's a season?

jwgnc

It warmed up to the 40s, then 50s, a couple days after the snow we had, and Bernie just had to come out of the den. Dropped back to 23 that night.  I'm hoping he went back to bed.

You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

jwgnc

Bernie is getting a little too bold.  

Woolly Bugger

Bear destroys family's SUV after breaking in and becoming trapped

follow the link for a video of the destruction

https://wlos.com/news/videos/bear-destroys-familys-suv-after-breaking-in-and-becoming-trapped

me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

According to local talk, neighbors had a bear rummaging through some trash cans a few houses down from me last night.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Asheville bears just keep on making themselves at home.  One just had to do a little shopping.

And another came early to the Asheville Tourists baseball game.

https://imgur.com/a/WcaCocq