News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Getting the skunk off

Started by Feather Chucker, February 25, 2014, 13:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Chucker

With all these warm days I knew the bass had to be up to something. I really wanted to go Sat or Sun but family obligations kept me from fishing. Last evening I was able to get out during the last couple hours of sunlight. There was a chill in the air and I worried it might have put the fish down. I was also breaking in a new Eagle Claw Featherlight. After working the banks and avoiding goose $#it. I finally found a spot with hungry fish. The featherlight is a fun rod and makes 30-40ft casts with ease. Even with a heavy cone headed bugger. When people talk about the feel of fiberglass I usually always hear about the rod loading. Where I really "felt" a difference between this rod and my graphite rods was the feel of what my fly was doing. I could literally feel when my fly hit rocks or started to get snagged in leaves. It's cool to have a ruler on the blank too. If you're looking for a cheap 5wt beater rod that does the job of making short casts you can't beat this for $25.

Dougfish

Skunk removal.  'c;

I just picked up two vintage Featherweights. Much fuller flexing than the new ones. One is the tobacco glass!  d:b
No ruler though. >:(

Transylwader

Good work Kev, I was thinking the same thing, instead I have been occupying various administrative buildings getting a new cellphone/new bank cards and so forth after a cluster of a weekend b';

Feather Chucker

That sucks Tranny, At least white bass season is coming up.