News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creekfreak, mobcrack, streamereater_101691 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woolly Bugger

[size=150]Dead trees falling into the water![/size]

Being the responsible person that I am, I took off early this morning and hit the lower river for an hour or so. Slung articulated streamers, but either nobody was home or the just weren't interested. The far bank was in deep morning shade, and I would have thought I'd get an eat. I'm ready to blow this section of water until the fall anyway.

Hiking in the trail was crisscrossed with spider webs, this Garden Spiders web caught my eye and I took some pics before destroying its work. The I hear the loud snapping of limbs as a large dead tree gave up part of itself to the river. What was so strange was that there wasn't any breeze at all. Just flat calm. So, when the tree falls, it does make a noise.

Have a good week y'all!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 01, 2015, 15:00:02 PM
Quotelower river

May I recommend some streamers that look like any of the 5,500 fingerling dink food competitors they stocked down there?

they put those triploid browns in??? n!n n!n  n!n
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dougfish

driver

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 01, 2015, 16:08:54 PM
Quotelower river

May I recommend some streamers that look like any of the 5,500 fingerling dink food competitors they stocked down there?

?? When did they do this?
I caught a bow in the lower section Saturday. Plus 4 clippers

Onslow

Quote from: driver on June 01, 2015, 19:18:53 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 01, 2015, 16:08:54 PM
Quotelower river

?? When did they do this?
I caught a bow in the lower section Saturday. Plus 4 clippers

Rainbows wander.  I caught a DH bow 20 miles downstream of point of stocking while bass fishing this past week.  Oddly enough the fish was very acrobatic despite the water temps being in the mid-upper 70s.

driver

It was a gnarly looking stocker, no gill plates. It was either stocked or went over the dam.

BRFFF

Quote from: driver on June 01, 2015, 19:29:35 PM
It was a gnarly looking stocker, no gill plates. It was either stocked or went over the dam.
Surely you must mean the Maxillary (part of the mouth) and not the gill plate ?

driver

It was it gill plates. Gills on both sides were exposed.

BRFFF

Quote from: driver on June 01, 2015, 21:38:50 PM
It was it gill plates. Gills on both sides were exposed.
Damn I can't imagine it living long that way

Shane

Fished upper Sunday night. Saw a handful of dead trout in the water - weird. Smattering of bugs. One streamborn rainbow about 14 inches. He gave good fight

Shane

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 02, 2015, 15:00:30 PM
Any ideas on the cause of said dead trout?

All Browns. All about 5-6 inches. I wonder if they dumped some of those triploids up there and these were bridge dump fatalities

5xTippett

Fished Saturday afternoon for the first time in a couple of months.  I fished one spot for a little while and caught 3 or 4 including one decent one.  Went on upstream and for another hour and caught about another 10.  That hour was strong.  Most of them were in the slot.  I was some kind of glad to be back and not have to throw midges.

Al

Glad to see ya back Ben. I missed that silver watch band. :D

Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

R.I.P. Chris Squire... at 67...

I finally got a few hours to myself and put off fixing the turn signals on the Miataa (wiring problems) and headed up to the closest cold water not expecting much but surprised to see a succession of rising fish. It wasn't exactly on fire but I did mange to catch bunch of pune brown trouts. If they showed themselves I could, eventually, catch them on the puff daddy. When the hatch slowed down I tied on a soft hackle and caught a few more. I would have stayed late, but I had dinner plans, so I left just after five, and go going back up the hill... Oh, shit, what's that noise, and shaking? Crap, a friggin flat! Damnation, that road hazard that I couldn't avoid had punctured the tire. I unloaded the trunk and tried my best to bust those lug nuts free with the standard (way too friggin short to do any good) wrench.  After a while another Miata passed by and then stopped to offer assistance, a real 18" breaker bar. Now we're dealing, or so I thought, the damn spare (doughnut) didn't have enough air and I rode it on down the mountain to a stop-an-rob, picked up a can of 'fix-a-flat" and put the tire back on... Hot and stinky, I was way late for dinner as I dropped the car off at the tire store, time for a new set for the Miata...  Destroying the spare was the worst of the whole thing...

Here's the usual dink / pune Smiff River brooon trouts...

Here's one for Doug, what kind of tree is that with the blooming tassels?

me -There's a season?