News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Newborns and Brookies

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, June 15, 2014, 17:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Saturday morning proved eventful.  Mid-morning, a doe appeared from the tall grass ~20 yards from the house, followed by 2 wobbly-legged fawns.  The mom jumped the high fence leaving the youngsters along the road.  They couldn't get through the fence, so we decided to help them trail the mom, and avoid all the local dogs that patrol the area.  One fawn was particularly friendly and followed us around until we sent him/her on their way with their sibling.  The mom did not go far and I am sure she's provided great care.

Later we fished a small mid-gradient valley stream for brookies.  Some were pleasant size, and all liked the dries.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

AL trout bum

I must be brook trout fishing in all the wrong spots. Nice!
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

consumnfire1229

Did I tell you about the fawn a couple of years back that approached me in the river?  Out of the corner of my eye, I caught movement.  Then I hear the distressed bleating...Then I spot this little fawn crossing the creek heading my way.  It stayed with me for a little while, but then when and laid down in some tall grass...
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

benben reincarnated

Um that's a nice brookie. 

creekfreak

Mountain Grove brookie? nice stuff
Guinness! Good God!

Dougfish

Big J

That's a plump big brookie mudwall.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

AL trout bum

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 15, 2014, 20:37:26 PM
Um eww eww ooh ewe uh! Venison veal! Yummmmmmeee

Made me pretty hungry too
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Transylwader

Mudders, you like the deer whisperer now too? Shiat mayne, to me? that brookie looks like a northern Vagina Scumbag to me. :P