News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hotter Than Hell

Started by MuddlerMan, May 23, 2010, 19:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddlerMan

Today was a purdy damn good day.  Got to the hatchery well before the sun came up.  Only managed one on the streamer, it was a pretty big brookie on the first cast.  Fish were really camera shy this morning.  I landed em and they flopped out of the hand before I could snap a pic.  But who cares really.  Managed some really nice fish this morning, one of them (not pictured) was an easy 24''.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Left the hatchery in time to snag some breakfast at McDonalds and formulate a game plan.  Really wanted to fish some new water, and that's exactly what I did.  Couldn't have asked for more. I wanted brookies.  Made a pretty stress free hike after studying the map, and this is what I found...

Probably not the most exclusive spot, but I was the only soul around today, so it felt like it had never been fished to me.  Landed these two beauties below the falls, and caught I don't know how many above

Then was surprised by this wild bow.... The pic doesn't do the fish justice, it was really a pig for such small water

Took a couple more pics of the creek

I like this one

At this time is where the hotter that hell comes in.  On the hike out, I was absolutely miserable.  Sweating my ass off and couldn't drink enough water to balance it out.  I said F*** THAT, and went and got me some neoprene socks to do some wet wading.  Figured I couldn't buy them and not use them, so I headed back to the hatchery for a few hours, and managed this guy

Awesome day, topped it off with a Sweetwater seasonal brew called Road Trip Ale. Very fitting brand and name as I fished all day and had a couple on the road home  ;D
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

Woolly Bugger

you know what?

I've read your report..

and come to the conclusion that...

YOU SUCK! ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

dnakamoto

FoulHook

Hate I missed this. It's just too hard to wake up that early... :'(
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

blue ridge angler

wet wading is the only way to go this time of year..
good stuff.. 8)

diaz dassie

Nice bro, I definitley need to find anti-tick spray. I hate waders!!! >:(
Gotto get up in dem hills sometime and give 'em hell!

tbird4