News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Clinch River -- Sludge Spill!

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 23, 2008, 21:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Sounds like a big spill.....800 Olympic size pools. :o

Accountability...and heavy fines, plus cost to restore the watershed and surrounding lands.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

troutjedi

This is comedy GOLD.....

QuoteAlthough video from the scene shows dead fish on the banks of the tributary, he said that "in terms of toxicity, until an analysis comes in, you can't call it toxic."

stonedfly17

Quote from: troutjedi on December 23, 2008, 22:37:09 PM
This is comedy GOLD.....

QuoteAlthough video from the scene shows dead fish on the banks of the tributary, he said that "in terms of toxicity, until an analysis comes in, you can't call it toxic."
I haven't read the article yet. But, whoever made that comment is either the dumbest, most ignorant motherfucker on the planet or the biggest fucking douchebag asshole on the planet! I'm guessing the term "biggest fucking douchebag asshole on the planet" applies to this guy since I'm betting he's involved with the company that caused the sludge spill. Will give you my final analysis after I look the article over.

stonedfly17

Yep, Gil Francis is the "biggest fucking douchebag asshole on the planet". He should get into politics...I hear there's a senate seat up for grabs in Chi-Town and it's "fucking golden". Hope he's got some $$$ because I don't think they'll give it up for "fucking nothing".  o-o

troutphisher

Don't send him to Chicago.......we just promoted our douche bag to get rid of him..... ;hb
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Peddler

They could have waited a coule of days until that lame-ass, lame duck idiot asshole of a President we're stuck with made that sort of crap legal!

>>The Bush administration finalized rules yesterday that will make it easier for mountaintop mining companies to dump their waste near rivers and streams<<

Worst fucking President EVER!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Beetle

Quote from: Peddler on December 24, 2008, 09:53:16 AM
They could have waited a coule of days until that lame-ass, lame duck idiot asshole of a President we're stuck with made that sort of crap legal!

>>The Bush administration finalized rules yesterday that will make it easier for mountaintop mining companies to dump their waste near rivers and streams<<

Peddler- take this garbage somewhere else.  This was a TVA accident.  If you want to blame someone then blame TVA.

Merry Christmas!   0--0

Al

Quote from: Peddler on December 24, 2008, 09:53:16 AM

I agree with Beetle!!

Just think, less them 30 days from now and it will be all on the other guy. I have noticed they are really back peddling on some of their promises. The story line now is "things are much worse off now then when you elected us - sorry"

Merry Christmas guys and gals - As bad as things may be we still live in the best country in the world and there are still millions of folks that would love to trade places with us.

jkilday4

This is comedy GOLD.....

EPA PR machine in 'cleanup' er... 'damage control' mode.  >:(  Plus he says 'four to six weeks' to clean this mess up...ya right...unless he's predicting a bunch of rain during that time for 'sufficient' runoff into the watershed.  Let's hope the local/state politicians can resist any special Christmas 'gifts' from TVA/EPA this year.........   :-\

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

glassfisher

This is comedy GOLD.....

It will probably come back as "toxic", coal ash usually has arsenic and other heavy metals, but is at levels that could have long term effects.  Ash has a really small particle size.  I'd guess there would be a short term fish kill from the particulates getting caught in the fish's gills.  Any fish biologists out there that can weigh in on this one?   

Sounds like TVA is not too good at assessing the strength of retaining walls, hope they have done a better job with the earthen dams on the rivers!  Could you imagine what would happen if the upper dam on the SOHO blew out?   :o
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

peter p

I like this quote

TVA spokesman Gil Francis has said the fish may have died from the freezing cold that contributed to the breach, not pollutants.
Peter

trouthemp

Every one involved will play the finger pointing game, instead of concentrating on the clean up.

Damn shame.........
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........